Baby refusing milk

bbyoshi

hi mummies,

i find myself facing this problem all the time. I dunno if you guys experience this too...

i have a pair of twin boys who are almost 5 months. i feed them EBM and formula milk (enfalac a+). I also feed them brown rice cereal once in the afternoon.

The elder twin is alright. he will occasionally refuse milk. but the younger one totally refuses to drink from bottle. Hence i resorted to spoon feeding. Sometimes he will drink and sometimes he will fuss and refuse to drink. I feed them 120ml every 3 hourly. or 150 ml 4 hourly depends on wat time they wake up. The younger one can go for 5-6 hours plus without drinking milk. He is obviously hungry but dunno why just dun want to drink from bottle and sometimes also dun want to drink when spoon fed.

I suspect they are teething. So apply teething gel. Gave teether but they rather chew fingers and suck thumb...

What can i do to make them drink milk?? Dun drink how to grow?? sigh...

vinder79

Try changing the milk if u are uncomfortable another thing is some babies prefer solids to liquids so why not give porridge or cereal with milk added in.Since u are mixing the BM and FM which one do your kids not like.If its the FM maybe its the taste.U can get sample packs of milk to try but stick to the same milk for 3 days before changing unless they have allergies acting up.Try NAN I heard from mummies here that its the next best thing to BM.Personally i can swear to BM and mamex gold.Tried it for no 1 now no its BM unless i go out without him.

mummyofsix

Hi yes you are right. they are teething. when my baby was teething, she didnt have appetite to drink any.

Prepare smaller amount of milk and try to give them on time (every 3 or 4 hours, according to your timing.

Be dilligent on applying the teething gel (as intruction) as it will help ease their pain.

hi mummies,

i find myself facing this problem all the time. I dont know if you guys experience this too...

i have a pair of twin boys who are almost 5 months. i feed them EBM and formula milk (enfalac a+). I also feed them brown rice cereal once in the afternoon.

The elder twin is alright. he will occasionally refuse milk. but the younger one totally refuses to drink from bottle. Hence i resorted to spoon feeding. Sometimes he will drink and sometimes he will fuss and refuse to drink. I feed them 120ml every 3 hourly. or 150 ml 4 hourly depends on what time they wake up. The younger one can go for 5-6 hours plus without drinking milk. He is obviously hungry but dont know why just dont want to drink from bottle and sometimes also dont want to drink when spoon fed.

I suspect they are teething. So apply teething gel. Gave teether but they rather chew fingers and suck thumb...

What can i do to make them drink milk?? dont drink how to grow?? sigh...

bbyoshi

yeah.. i think so too.. but dunno why until now the teeth still haven't come out yet...

the boys dun like to drink from the bottle.. i started spoon feeding them.. they like the brown rice cereal.. but at nite i still make them drink milk from bottle.

they seem to have lost weight... is it normal for babies to lose weight? They are now 5 mths shld be ard 7 kg. During their 4th month visit to paed, they weighed abt 6.8 kg.. now they are only 6 kg leh... hmmm...