Baby-shopping in HONG KONG

Frenchkitty

HI all,
any recommendations for shopping baby stuff in HK?
WIll be going there in Feb. I only know where the designer stuff and "bugis fashion" are, but never chanced upon any baby boutiques or stores.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Ting

there is one shop there call H&M, i heard they sell alot of kids stuff, my colleague also mentioned she bought quite a bit of stuffs there for her kids. so maybe u can check it out. but not sure where it is located though, u gotta go google it.
anyway, i just came back frm HK recently and the season now is winter, almost all the clothings sold there is winter wear like thick jackets n long sleeves clothings, so not really suitable for SG season. not sure by feb will they be changing their season alr.

don

Alpha Male
Unbranded.
Ladies street at mongkok MTR ( but i suggest you alight from Prince Edward and walk down the streets to ladies street..
There is "considered" a wholesale market.. lots of children clothings and toys..

Cheung Sha Wan Road Fashion Street and Apliu Street
MTR Sham Shui Po Station Exit C1, and walk to Cheung Sha Wan Road Fashion Street
Branded.
H & M - there is one located near the mongkok MTR..
citygate outlet - tung chung MTR (various brands of addidas, crocs, levis,coach.. for children n adults)

Hope it helps..

Cheers

Frenchkitty

Ok thanks! I'll be going with my toddler who cant stand or sit still so I hope I can survive the MTR rides! becos not feasible to bring stroller leh... MTR all staircases no lifts.

don

Alpha Male
Yup. Really inconvenient bringing stroller.me did that too. Just avoid rush hour like 6-8 pm.pack like sardine.lol

Ting

Ok thanks! I'll be going with my toddler who cant stand or sit still so I hope I can survive the MTR rides! becos not feasible to bring stroller leh... MTR all staircases no lifts.
but MTR have escalators ah. i think it shld be OK ba, as long u have someone to help u with the stroller. i do see many ppl (including tourists n locals there) using the stroller.

also, for ladies market, i dont find it worth the money cos it is way overpriced there. i went there to walk walk n saw a pair of boots there, the lady quoted me 280HKD, n as i walk along the other stalls there, all quoted me same price. though they are willing to down the price to lowest 180HKD (same for all the stalls there), i didnt get it, and instead i saw the same pair of boots selling at a few shops near my hotel at only 150HKD! lucky i didnt give in n buy or i would hv paid more.

Last edited:

Frenchkitty

Thanks Ting and Don! :)

By the way, is it true that HK now has outbreak of some swine flu?? I heard that from my MIL who is not keen on me bringing my son to HK.

stonston

When I first saw the title of the thread, I got a shocked. I thought you wanted to buy a baby from HK :p

Anyway, it's in the papers today. H1N1 is now prevalent and taken as the common flu around the world. It's widespread around the world, including SG.

don

Alpha Male
HK has it's own virus called H5N1. Well, now flu virus seems to be everywhere. Especially this season. Last year, when I bring my son to HK in nov, also got mass H5N1 outbreak. So I brought hand saniziter n clean his hands n avoid those areas tat have birds. Cos dunno ware virus came from. If possible, go for flu vaccine, I tink now got cover H5N1 also.

Frenchkitty

Oh sigh now there's also a flu/cough virus passing around my son's ccc. Many kids are sick n having cough w phlegm. Maybe I'll just let him stay put at home n don't bring him to HK lest he gets unnecessary physical & psychological stress :p

Is the flu v common in your kids' schools too?

don

Alpha Male
Now lots of ppl having these flu n cough. My son caught this virus last week. Have not been sleeping well. Last week he got fever up till 40.5 Friday just subside. But now having bad cough n my wife also down with fever, flu n cough. Me also start to feel sick. sigh. what a new year. Sad

apollo

my son is not attending any classes like CC or playgrp but he also caught some flu virus. and when i brought him to pd, i was shocked that there are LOTSA kids having flu n cough..

Ting

yes my girl classes also hv kids having flu n fever. even my girl, she had flu, cough n fever the last week n til today still abit feverish (temp abt 37.4-37.6deg). sigh~ hope she can GWS!

raeka

Hi am bringing my boy to hk this yr march during the sch holiday . He's 2 yr plus but what are the food there suitable for him? Any mummy can give me advice. Basically he eat anything but not noodles or you tian . Rice porridge is it easy to be find in HK?
Any good and hygienic one to recommend ?
Thanks

Ting

usually their da pai dang or tea house (cha chan ting) hv a variety of food to eat so i think shldnt be diffcult to find suitable food for your son ba.
if possible let your son take the flu jab b4 u fly! :)