Baby shower ! :) when when when ?

kaitokane

Hi hi, im curious about the baby shower ? is it similar like one month baby celebration ?? my thinking is like that '' baby shower same as one month baby celebration '' but i saw on internet, baby shower is when you know the gender ..
eew, i got confuse with it -.-" :wong13:
share with me if you mommys know about it ! :D im actually excited about it .. HAHA ..~

diymummy

In the states, baby shower means celebrating the baby before he or she is born. It's the same as a wedding shower were friends of the couple gather at the new house to celebrate before the actual wedding.

In Singapore, it is often misinterpretted as baby's full month celebration because that is the time when we start celebrating the baby.

kaitokane

In the states, baby shower means celebrating the baby before he or she is born. It's the same as a wedding shower were friends of the couple gather at the new house to celebrate before the actual wedding.

In Singapore, it is often misinterpretted as baby's full month celebration because that is the time when we start celebrating the baby.
thanks thanks !! :) but i still abit abit dun get it -.-" sorry abit stupid .. :eek:10:
so baby shower in singapore is baby full month celebration uh ! not when we know the gender ..

diymummy

LOL. Don't say you're stupid. You're not. :)

What I'm saying is the meaning of baby shower means the celebration before baby is born. It can be when you know gender or before you deliver... Usually in states or UK or any western country, it is done just before the baby is born. So people will give gifts like cot, pram and what-nots.

It is just that here, it is not practised and so the term "baby shower" is misinterpreted.

You can celebrate and hold a party and have a wishlist when you know your baby's gender. Then people can get gifts for your baby.

There're sites around where you can create a wishlist and your friends can access and tick off what they intend to get for your baby so that others would not get the same gift for your baby. You can google around for the sites.

Justina

Hi hi, im curious about the baby shower ? is it similar like one month baby celebration ?? my thinking is like that '' baby shower same as one month baby celebration '' but i saw on internet, baby shower is when you know the gender ..
eew, i got confuse with it -.-" :wong13:
share with me if you mommys know about it ! :D im actually excited about it .. HAHA ..~
yes, diymummy is right. baby shower is celebrated in the US where expectant mother hold a party (mostly attended by her female friends) to bring her gives related to baby.

They also play baby shower games. There are many Baby Shower Hosting Kits and Baby Shower Games. You need not buy them but you may simply read for your knowledge.

By the way, the word 'shower' her mean 'shower with gifts' not bathing the baby :)

Justina

Most welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed learning about Baby Shower....perhaps it is a good idea if this culture comes to Singapore because new mothers who had just delivered - weak and tired will have all her rest and need not attend to too many guest. There isn't a hurry to hold the baby full month too. Guest can come at anytime to see newborn baby. What do you think?

lovingshowers

What we do?
We love baby showers! We minimize your time searching for a venue, catering buffet and decoration, by giving to us this beautiful job, we have it all!

Our Packages are for 30pax (min)
extra person is $15 dollars only.

The Venue is located in 778 North Bridge rd and the max capacity is 70 pax.
Come (appointment required) and just in minutes we decide the 7 courses buffet, the color of decoration, amongst tons of additional details and surprises that are sure to be remembered by all.
Hoping you will have a wonderful experience to share for this special day, memories for a life time!
lovingshowers@hotmail.com
check us on facebook

Last edited: