baby sleeping routine

Hi! For the past 1 week my 2month old son had been sleeping at 7pm and waking at 1am for milk then will sleep back and wake up 430am.... But normally I sleep at 11pm. Should i wake him up to feed him at 1030pm so he can sleep longer? and is there any way I can make him sleep later? To me it seems like because his naps in the afternoon will not last longer than 30mins hence he tends to sleep early at night. How to makes him nap longer?
Kindly share how's ur baby sleep routine at 2-3months?

Thanks every kind advises in advance!

danzen

Hi, my 2 mth boy has this routine since he is 7wks.
Nap time till 5-6pm, then milk when he wakes up.
8.30pm we will feed him milk on schedule whether he is sleeping or awake and he will sleep again after that. Initially, night feeding was around 1am, and next bottle at 5am. But after his 7wk, he delayed his night feeds timing slowly daily on his own and currently i will wake up for milk at 7am. no more night feed :)
As for napping longer, try wrapping up his feet with a small blanket to cover up, my boy takes shorter nap if i forgot to wrap in the afternoon. I think he feels more secure with it.

David Bushey

Hello Members,

Babies thrive on routine, and are more comfortable when they do the same things at the same time every day. Bedtime is an important time to create a routine, especially when the bedtime rituals you start with your baby will help him sleep better at night. Baths, bedtime stories and lullabies are all soothing parts of a sleep routine for your baby, all of which are more effective when he has a consistent napping schedule. Babies and newborns need healthy sleep schedules. Any new parent knows that it can be difficult to get onto a sleep schedule with a baby.

Best Regards,
David Bushey

Nanny Agencies Los Angeles