Baby Stool - Worry and confused!

Lim2528

Dear Mummy,

My son is coming to 10months soon and recently, i have switched his milk powder from Nan pro2 to Mamil Step 2.

During the switch process, he caught viral infection and had anti-botic for 3 days. When he was having medication, he had diarrhea and according to doctor it is cause by anti-botic.

We stopped it for 3 days already. But now, his stool was soft and sticky, not watery compare those day when he is on medication. I suspect is the mamil that causes this stool texture. Is it ok for baby stool to be soft, sticky, pasty texture (mash potato)? Because when he is on non-pro2, his stool is very hard and often he got consipated (hard stool, frequency passing out is 2 or 3 day 1 time). Nowadays, his stool is soft pasty sticky and he can poo 2 time per day.

I'm just confused, because the nanny told me that it might be the new milk powder (mamil) is not suitable for him that why cause him this kind of stool. Cos her daugther last time on mamil, her stool are like sausage formed unlike my son in soft sticky pasty form. On the other hand, I find that the soft stool is easier for my son to pass them out cos like time he gek until red face face than cry.

By the way, he is only have porridge (solid) for lunch and dinner per day. Most of his meal are milk (per day intake of milk is aboutn 800~1000ml)

Any mummy, can you feedback of your thought?

Enangel

Hihi,

did you ask the doctor for advise?

Any stomach discomfort now?

My boy is 9months old, i breastfeed him till 6months plus. now he's on nan2, he eats porridge, cereals, yoghurts, fish and meat, somethings homemade deserts.... but his stools are also mashy type...used to be hard then i change from 4 scoops of formula to 3 scoops and same amount of water then his stools are mashy now... i think its fine for my son.

anyway as long as not runny like diahorrea, should be fine. maybe your baby is not getting enough solid food( if only plain porridge?) to pass out in motion?

Lim2528

I did not ask doc. Last time he is on nan pro 1 and his poo also mashy even frequency is 2day 1 time output. But when changed to nan pro 2, his stool is like marble form, dry hard. Even I dilute with water (200ml) and 6scoop the texture is still the same. He constipated for 2 months until one day I decided to switch him to mamil. Now, the new stool texture is in soft, pasty, mash potato form. Is not in runny watery type. But this new milk powder he had cause him fart most of the time.

Enangel

Oh anyway, i brought my baby to my PD yesterday as baby was having a cold... I also asked him about the stools. Doc say its okay and normal for stools to be mushy, stools do not need to be hard... Hope you feel more at ease now!:001_302: