Baby Teeth

shespice

I think my little gal was playing by herself in the cot and she may have knocked herself on the cot while I was away as there was blood on her clothes and towel when I saw her. Her gum was slightly bleeding and now i notice her teeth not in line! So sad :(
Does anyone know if we should/can do anything to our baby's first teeth if they don't seem to be in place? Will it move back into place gradually as other teeth comes out? Sigh.....

By the way, she is coming to 8 months and still only have 2 bottom teeth LOL. Think the 2 upper ones are coming out but not quite visible. Is this slow? Thought some babies already have more teeth by 8 months?

Thanks!

shulyn

I think my little gal was playing by herself in the cot and she may have knocked herself on the cot while I was away as there was blood on her clothes and towel when I saw her. Her gum was slightly bleeding and now i notice her teeth not in line! So sad :(
Does anyone know if we should/can do anything to our baby's first teeth if they dont't seem to be in place? Will it move back into place gradually as other teeth comes out? Sigh.....

By the way, she is coming to 8 months and still only have 2 bottom teeth LOL. Think the 2 upper ones are coming out but not quite visible. Is this slow? Thought some babies already have more teeth by 8 months?

Thanks!
Hi Shespice, for the above i still cant advise you as i havent encounter this and no knowledge.

My boy has just turn 7 mths and still no sign of teeth growth, so gonna wait...All babies are unique and meet milestones at their own pace...

snowbear

Does anyone know if we should/can do anything to our baby's first teeth if they dont't seem to be in place? Will it move back into place gradually as other teeth comes out? Sigh.....

Thanks!
Don't worry about the milk teeth being not in line. It's normal. When her milk teeth drop and the permanent teeth are not in line then you need to worry coz she may need braces in future. :) I don't think the knock resulted in the teeth being not in line.

Every bb develops at a different rate. My dd only had her first teeth at about 9 months and the upper two front teeth at 10months. Some have them really early while some have them really late (even at 1 year old!). Don't worry.... :)

shespice

dont't worry about the milk teeth being not in line. It's normal. When her milk teeth drop and the permanent teeth are not in line then you need to worry coz she may need braces in future. :) I dont't think the knock resulted in the teeth being not in line.

Every baby develops at a different rate. My dear daughter only had her first teeth at about 9 months and the upper two front teeth at 10months. Some have them really early while some have them really late (even at 1 year old!). dont't worry.... :)
Hi thanks snowbear. was just concern that if the first couple of milk teeth not in line, the other teeth that comes out later may not get in place too. hahah, i think i am so kiasu lah, so sorry, coz quite particular about teeth hee hee. But yeah, milk teeth not permanent so should be more concern when its the permanent ones. Off course, I am sure as mummies we rather our babies need not resort to braces at all hee hee.

shespice

Hi Shespice, for the above i still cant advise you as i havent encounter this and no knowledge.

My boy has just turn 7 mths and still no sign of teeth growth, so gonna wait...All babies are unique and meet milestones at their own pace...
hi shulyn, thanks :) yeah, i guess each baby develop at their own pace. Think i remember my gal drooling more when her teeth was starting out so maybe you can watch for that too :)

autumn82

Yeah, every baby has individual pace... Iggy also sprout out his 1st & 2nd tooth during 9mths++ then nothing until 12mths+, got 2 more then now, all sudden got 8 teeth oredi.. :X Scary.. :x

Ya, permanent teeth more impt.. :p Iggy also fell and bled.. but shld be fine, prob just the gums that he bit on when fall.. :tlaugh:

rachel.ang

Yes... my baby is another example of slow teeth growth... just 1 small cute tooth by 9 months, then 2 by 1 year old, & finally the rest start showing sign, the 2 front ones came out together @ the same time... i was worried sick then.. now? i just enjoy his growth... :>

annie

my girl started teething very early but slowly.. she has her 2 bottoms at 4.5mths n then 2 tops at 6.5mths then bottom grew out another one at 9mths.. till now she still has only 4.5teeth hehe. some of my fren's bb's first teeth started growing late but fast! i got a fren whose girl started teething like 6mths.. then now at 8mths got 6 teeth liao.. started later than my girl but faster than her! lol

shespice

Haha thanks all for sharing.....me probably kan cheong lah hee hee. I will just let things happen in own timing. :p

It's interesting to hear how each of your babies start to have their teeth at different times and at different rates.... so cute like a race also, some start late then suddenly accelerate, then some start early then slow down LOL. Whatever, just hope all will have good strong and healthy teeth :001_302:

shulyn

hi shulyn, thanks :) yeah, i guess each baby develop at their own pace. Think i remember my gal drooling more when her teeth was starting out so maybe you can watch for that too :)
Haha..You know my boy started drooling saliva when he's 3 months old and i thought he should sprout anytime from 4 mths onwards...Who know till now 7 months still no sign of teething...