BABY teething gel

raeka

Hi anyone have good baby teething gel to recommend?
My boy is turning 5 month soon need to have more information .
Thanks for the help.
:tlaugh:

Ottermum

Hey mine too he's been drooling alot lately...

they all say he's teething soon...

heard there's a soothing gel for them in case they get cranky at night due to teething...

oh dear i'm expecting the worst...

BbpHir3

my gal is only 3mth n can feel n see got a tiny weeny tip of her lower left canine tooth le.. will the teething gel be suitable for her? n will it allow the front teeth to break thru easier? cuz ppl sae should be front de come out first.. dunno y her's is the corner de come out first... *pengz*

pls help us.........

autumn82

I think I only saw & use b4 one kind of teething gel called Bonjela... But not sure if there are others in the market..

autumn82

my gal is only 3mth n can feel n see got a tiny weeny tip of her lower left canine tooth le.. will the teething gel be suitable for her? n will it allow the front teeth to break thru easier? cuz ppl sae should be front de come out first.. dunno y her's is the corner de come out first... *pengz*

pls help us.........

Ermm... yr DD is not the oddball.. dun worry.. Mine will be 1st.. Up to today, still dun @@ anything but only feel two sharp ones on top but not the front centre ones.. :x Lol.

lisa_ng

i remember teething gel not so recommended. never used on my girl at all.
i used to give my girl teether, wet cloth to bite.

this is what is say from the website i usually read. not sure if it's the same type of teething gel.

You can't do anything to make teeth appear, but you can comfort your baby if you think the process troubles him. Give him something to chew on, such as a teething ring or a wet washcloth cooled in the refrigerator. He may also get some relief from eating cold foods, like applesauce or yogurt. Massaging his gums is another way to soothe his discomfort — after washing your hands, rub his gums gently but firmly with your finger. The pressure provides a welcome balance to the pressure your baby feels coming from the buried teeth below.

If none of this helps, your doctor may suggest giving your baby children's acetaminophen to ease the pain and inflammation. Rubbing the gums with a topical pain relief gel is also an option, but you may want to ask the doctor before trying it. If you use too much, it can numb the back of your baby's throat and weaken his gag reflex (which helps keep him from choking on his saliva).

Once your baby's teeth are in, it's up to you to keep them clean. For the first year, you won't really need to brush them, but you should clean his teeth and gums at least twice a day by wiping them with gauze or a wet washcloth.

Last edited:

raeka

ohh thanks for the information.
so there is not a needs for oral gel for baby when they start growing teeth .