Baby trembling/shivering suddenly...

lynnliew

Hi

Yesterday..my 6 mths old boy suddenly whole body trembling (a few seconds like a chill down his spine) at my mum place (aircon & fan is on..de place is very cold).. the ting is he has never tremble like this before.. I thought he tremble becos he was cold but the same ting happens this evening after bath... after he gt dressed..i carry him in my arms...he whole body suddenly tremble again but de environment is infact veryhot & hes sweating. This worries me as i;m not sure whether he trembles becos of his imature nervous system or serious underlying issue... hence i quickly bring him to the doct... the doct said theres nothing wrong wif him! but becos hes teething currently n just recovering from a slight fever... his body might feels cold.

The doct ask mi not to worry if he does not vomit out his milk/no have high fever/ no trembling nonstop (den need to go hospital test his blood)...still worried after visiting the doctor... then before he slept for the night... suddenly he turned his head..left & right nonstop...very fast like searching for something which makes me wonder is he playing or there is something wrong??.... i cant help worrying.........

Can anyone share wif me whether his actions are normal???​

marshmallows

My boy trembles too, like 2 secs or so. Very much like a chill down his spine or like when one tasted something sour. I didn't know what caused it til I was changing his diaper one day and he peed and I saw him doing that tremble again! So I believe it's just due to peeing. We adults sometimes have that tremble too after we pee isn't it? :)

Not sure if your baby is doing the same too?

pyvio

It is adviseable that you switch off the fan & air-con when changing baby clothings / bathing. I do that for my girl. It is only a short while - should be fine.