baby vaccination

bb2010

Hi Mummy

Would like to check with you all . which kind package you are taking for your baby? 5 in 1 or 6 in 1?

I heard say some of baby will fever after the injection and also dun feel like drink milk? any mummy can share with me regarding this as my son hv to inject the vaccination on this coming friday :( . is it ok to take bath?

apollo

Ds took 5in1. not all baby will have fever aft the jab. actu having vaccines is not as 'scary' as u think. just follow his routine as usual, and of cos can bath. =) just that some babies tend to be abit cranky due to the lil wound on their thigh but is okay, just give him more attention =)

aahdorr

my baby jus have her vacc this monday , she hAving 5in1 oso n nv fever but cry quite loudly for long when she wanted to sleep mayb her thigh is painful n nv smile at all but after 24hr she ok n smile back.. she oso always wants to slp too n drink well .. actually bring her to see doc cuz she nt drinkin her milk fro 10hr .. but doc say she veri fine n she oso 3month is ready her 1st jab so we jab her .. weird after her jab she drink bk ..

still dun understand y ...

Last edited:

MKYY

My gal took the 5 in 1. Got slight fever after the 1st vaccine. Subsequently, we gave her paracetamol after the jabs, din wait for the fever to come. She'll feel less cranky.

bb2010

Hi

Thanks ya mummies..

Just curious to ask why u all is take 5 in 1 . what about 6 in 1? bcos i heard nurse say if take 6 in 1 then baby will skip one jab so baby can save one time pain..is it true? due to they have mix 2 in to 1 jab
somemore i heard baby need to drink more water after injection but my baby dun wan drink water ler...jialat...dun know how...

apollo

mine actu took 5in1 at 3rd n 4th mth. but at 5th mth, he was ill and we dragged until6th mth o,d and pd said can let him take 6in1 (combine of 5in1 n 3rd hep b). initially didnt let him take 6in1 cos i was told that the 1st jab is at 2mth old while 5in1 is at 3mth old. i didnt let ds drink any water (other than MILK) b4 he started semi solid, not a single drip even he had his jab =)

bb2010

mine actu took 5in1 at 3rd n 4th mth. but at 5th mth, he was ill and we dragged until6th mth o,d and pd said can let him take 6in1 (combine of 5in1 n 3rd hep b). initially didnt let him take 6in1 cos i was told that the 1st jab is at 2mth old while 5in1 is at 3mth old. i didnt let ds drink any water (other than MILK) b4 he started semi solid, not a single drip even he had his jab =)
do u still remember how much cost for 5 in 1? did yr baby pooing every day? as my son only pooing 3 days once or 4days once so my mum say should let him drink water bcos FM is heatly, by right baby should poo everyday .... bcos starting i dun let my son drink water so now even i force him to drink he oso dun wan lioa :(

apollo

some baby dont poo daily. when he was on friso, he poo daily, aft we change to similac, he sometimes poo every other day. 5in1 was abt $120 while 6in1 was $160 iirc.. the price is per jab =)

MKYY

My gal dun poo everyday. I oso din give her any water except breast milk for the 1st 2 mths, then started her on FM once - twice a day. Initially, she was on S26, her poo was a bit hard. She is oso quite heaty, got a bit of phelgm. So, i switched her to similac. Now her poo is normal until i started her on semi-solids. Once u start on semi-solids, gotto give lotza water so that the poo will not be too hard. I got a shock when my girl's poo became "balls of stool".... :elvis:

Kxmum

My gal took the 6in1 jab cos my ped recommended 6in1, 1 less jab to take..she got the jab at 6 weeks