Baby Wagnee very often

actan1

Alpha Male
Dear all,

My 1 month old daughter recently "wag nee" quite a fair bit even we have burp her after feeding. Wat could be the reason, do i need to send her to see doctor ?? Could it be too much wind in her stomach???

Thanks.

ochklk

Dear all,

My 1 month old daughter recently "wag nee" quite a fair bit even we have burp her after feeding. Wat could be the reason, do i need to send her to see doctor ?? Could it be too much wind in her stomach???

Thanks.
Do you mean spitting a bit of milk out ah...my boy boy aso will sometimes like tat too, sometimes he is too full leh, i let him sit for 10mins on my lap after feeding to let the milk digest first, or when feeding, make him sit a bit straight, tis is wat i did.

LoVeS

It could b there is air inside him b4 he start to take his milk~ Mayb u can try to burp him 1st b4 feeding him n make sure u burp him enuff after feeding n try nt to put him lying down position straight away after feeding coz sum bb tends to throw up milk if they r put to lying down position straight after feeding~

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
actan1 said:
Dear all,

My 1 month old daughter recently "wag nee" quite a fair bit even we have burp her after feeding. Wat could be the reason, do i need to send her to see doctor?? Could it be too much wind in her stomach???

Thanks.
Does your baby cry a lot throughout the day? If she actually wails, that's when she could be sucking in a lot of air ... resulting in "too much wind in her tummy".

If you think this is the problem, then you can consider applying oil on her tummy each time after her bath ... we use the indonesian baby oil that can be bought from the jamu shops, but I think there are others here who uses the chinese baby oils.

Whichever you choose to use, dun use too much & never apply direct ... as it gives a sensationally burning hot feeling to her delicate skin. The correct way of applying ... 1-2 drops on your palms & rub both of your palms together until you can feel the heat, that's when you place your palms on her tummy.
When you feel the heat is passed on to her already, rub your palms together again until you can feel the heat again ... place your palms on her tummy again. Dress her up again once the heat is gone from your palms.
:wink: :wink:

snowbear

ochklk, Loves and VVB have all given great suggestions. In any case, my dd also used to have this prob. Mentioned it to my PD at the 2nd month chkup and she said that regurgitation is normal. Unless she's doing projectile vomitting then that's a cause for concern.

lisa_ng

Dear all,

Thanks.
mayb you will like to mention to the pd during the next checkup.
i remember pd prescribe anti colic drops for my girl when she was a baby for wind in the stomach.

oblong

it could be wind. does she cry a lot before feeding?

you may want to consider putting some oil on her tummy before feed.

we used to put ru yi oil on jeff. massage the tummy area (below the rib cage and around the belly button area). we also rub oil on his back, cos it is very difficult to burp him (we can pat him for half an hour after feed and yet, no 'burp' sound one).

actan1

Alpha Male
Yeah, I guess I will let the PD know during the next visit...
When the feeding the done, she wagnee even we have burped her a few times..
Now I position her 45 degree after feeding.. hope she won't wagnee again.
Thanks for all your reply..

snowbear

Yeah, I guess I will let the PD know during the next visit...
When the feeding the done, she wagnee even we have burped her a few times..
Now I position her 45 degree after feeding.. hope she won't wagnee again.
Thanks for all your reply..
My PD said that it's normal for bb to regurgitate, sometimes even hours after feeding coz their stomachs very small and shallow so any small movement may cause them to regurgitate some milk out.

luvann37

actually beside apply "ru yi you" on the tummy area u should apply it on the back of the feet u will make her feel very comfortable and after bathing u might like to try giving her some Gripe water "Fei Zai Shui" its very effectively on babies and children.They will let out winds quite frequently...

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
luvann37 said:
actually beside apply "ru yi you" on the tummy area u should apply it on the back of the feet u will make her feel very comfortable and after bathing u might like to try giving her some Gripe water "Fei Zai Shui" its very effectively on babies and children.They will let out winds quite frequently...
I think it's not the same for all babies ... it has no effect on both my boys.
:embarrassed::embarrassed:

Just occurred to me ... my boy's godparents (their twins are less than 3 months old) have recently embarked on using the Dr Brown's anti-colic milk bottles & I must say it's the most effective anti-colic bottling system I've seen so far.

actan1 ... if your problem is still not solved by now, perhaps you can consider.
:biggrin: :biggrin: