Baby Weight At 3rd Trimester

lsy

I don't think there is an "ideal weight" for babies right? If gynae don't voice concerns usually it's ok. Doesn't matter what weight so long bb is healthy. :) Worrying is bad for baby too.

Basic staple diet is milk, fish, eggs, vege, meat. I was actually advised that on top of calcium supplements if can drink milk better cos bb & mummy both need calcium for strong bones. The gynae's nurse told me 4 cups milk but I think she's crazy to even suggest 4 cups especially @ final trimester with bad heartburn (+ i don't like that particular nurse)... :p

My bb suddenly put on 700g between 34-36th week.... So yes may have sudden growth spurt. She's aldy 3.35kg now at 38wks. I don't have much appetite just try to eat 3 proper meals a day... My previous 2 pregnancies bb only 3kg at 40wks so everyone also blur dunno why this little girl is so "fat"!!
I dont think we can control much on the weight. Just trying our best to eat for 1 person healthily.
As for ideal weight, of coz we shouldnt be over concern as long as baby is healthy.
However here are some reading on fetal weight. Medscape: Medscape Access

maneo0302

I dont think we can control much on the weight. Just trying our best to eat for 1 person healthily.
As for ideal weight, of coz we shouldnt be over concern as long as baby is healthy.
However here are some reading on fetal weight. Medscape: Medscape Access
I have been trying to eat chicken, beef, pork and durians. And milk too.
Will change to cheese plus meat next week.
Hope my baby will weigh 2.3kg next sat!

Make a pregnancy ticker

casshong

yeah...that's what most mummies tell me ... as long as baby is healthy, it is fine. every baby is different... some are big and some as small. :)

penguinna

me @ end of 38 wks now...and baby is weighing at 2.4~2.5kg...very small baby ..... gynae says if i dun give birth by next wkend, she will induce me...as she is concerned abt my "small for date" baby..........

guess my son just doesn't like what i am eating..hehe... so skinny... he is active in my tummy, so i pray and hope he is just a small but healthy baby........

all the mummies, jia you !!!!

maneo0302

me @ end of 38 wks now...and baby is weighing at 2.4~2.5kg...very small baby ..... gynae says if i dun give birth by next wkend, she will induce me...as she is concerned abt my "small for date" baby..........

guess my son just doesn't like what i am eating..hehe... so skinny... he is active in my tummy, so i pray and hope he is just a small but healthy baby........

all the mummies, jia you !!!!
Hi Penguinna

Hopefully my baby will gain weight this week! Jia you to you too!

whomovedmycheese

Emm.. I am starting to get worried about my baby's weight now. In the past she always hit the weight stated in baby centre. But my last check up, she is lighter than that. This is a little ironic for me, coz though don't want her to be too heavy, but now I see she seems to be lighter than average, I start to worry. :embarrassed:

maneo0302

Emm.. I am starting to get worried about my baby's weight now. In the past she always hit the weight stated in baby centre. But my last check up, she is lighter than that. This is a little ironic for me, coz though don't want her to be too heavy, but now I see she seems to be lighter than average, I start to worry. :embarrassed:
My baby is lighter than average too, when I last visited my gynea during my 32 weeks scan. Hopefully she will be at least 2.3kg at my next scan, which is 34th weeks.

pixie

In my last visit to the gynae, baby weighed 1.4kg. This coming Friday, will be 32 weeks gestation, so from the Growth Scan, am sure baby would have grown; just not sure how much yet.

casshong

Just went for my 35th week scan n baby is 2.2kg! Yeah! Another few weeks to go. Hope to hv baby around 2.5-3kg at birth.