Baby with sweaty palms

cmeilim

Hi mummies,

My boy is turning four months next week. For the past month, I've noticed that he has sweaty palms. When he touches my face, his palms are damp. I've wiped it dry and watched him to make sure the dampness was not from him sticking his fist into his mouth. Can such young babies have sweaty palms and if yes, what treatment is available? There was a period of time when my hubby had sweaty palms too, but not anymore. Are sweaty palms hereditary? :embarrassed:

apollo

ds also... not only palms, his feets are always sweaty... am wondering if this is normal too?

Lynnie

My dd is turning 4 months next week... Sweaty palms and feet too...
And her neck/head/hair dotted w perspiration when i bf , even in air con room!

kenxf_03

dear son also having this prob. I also wonder if he has inherit from me?? Cos I hv sweaty palms and feet prob.... :embarrassed:

cmeilim

oh, so my boy is not alone....hmmm...anyone has consulted a GP or PD on this before? will baby grow out of it naturally and if so, how long will it take?

jasobias

oh, so my boy is not alone....hmmm...anyone has consulted a GP or pediatrician on this before? will baby grow out of it naturally and if so, how long will it take?
My eldest son had very sweaty palms as a baby until he was abt 3 yrs old.After tht it got better.Used to be so bad tht i had to keep wiping my hands when i was holding on to his as they were wet with sweat!!:err:Only if it doesnt get better by the time they r older than maybe u cld go for a consult.Not much they can do.Its more an inconvenience i think than a serious health problem.

Cheyenne

Mine is more on the legs. Cold or hot weather, it is 'wet wet', even if we rub the excess Ru Yi oil across our palm.

Palm are ok, more saliva than sweat.

lumpy

my son's palms and feet are also sweaty sweaty type...inherit from me...:( hopefully it gets better when he's older...like me...now still sweaty but not as bad as when i was young..had to literally place a cloth under my palm when writing...if not it'll be dirty and smudge my work...:(