Baby Yogurt

raeka

May i know if plain yogurt is too sour what fruits can be add to make it taste nicer?
too sour is it good for their stomach?
thinking of buying yogurt for my boy too.

meiteoh

There is NOTHING wrong with eating sour foods. This is natural sourness that we're talking about, which is wayyyyy better than added sweetness in commercial baby yogurts! It's just a matter of taste preference.

Some babies are okay with sour, some aren't. If you have intro-ed your baby to many sour fruits like peaches, plums, etc, then you'll find that your baby will be okay with just plain yogurt.

If you feel that your baby won't like it because it's sour, you can add some fruit puree to the yogurt like banana, apple, mango, etc.

Eva's favourite foods are actually more sour than sweet - peaches, yogurt, plums, etc. I guess she takes after my hubby who likes sour foods as well.

cmeilim

ian LOVES yoghurt - plain and with a bit of homemade fruit puree or fruit juice - since i first introduced it to him when he was seven months old.

raeka

Oh okay , my boy do likes sour fruits.
Did intro yogurt when he was 9month but trigger him to cough so now want to try back again.
so thought of giving him plain yogurt instead of those with favour in it one.

mandymtb

hello, i wanna ask , did you taste before ? ibought this brand exactly same as your picture shown fer myself to eat and it taste damn sour so i throw the whole cup away thinking that it's spoilt is it vvvvvvvvvv sour ? have not pass expiry date though.
the same thing happened to my gal too... her face was making the "sour" looking reaction when she took the first spoon... then she rejected altogether.... at the end, we dumped the whole tub as well...

Just a silly question. Do you feed your baby cold yogurt? Will it be too cold for their stomach to tolerate? Do you feed as a meal? Or just a snack?

cmeilim

Just a silly question. Do you feed your baby cold yogurt? Will it be too cold for their stomach to tolerate? Do you feed as a meal? Or just a snack?

i feed the yoghurt cold. but not right out of the fridge. maybe after 5-10 min from taking out of the fridge. never as a meal, just as a snack.

meiteoh

I feed right out of the fridge - am kiasu about leaving it to stand at room temp for a few minutes. :p

So far no issues with her tummy. I also feed it as a meal - with fruit purees and some cereal. Usually for breakfast.

Hmmm... The website didn't mention anything about defrosted yogurt. So izzit safe to feed that to babies?

The last time I kept the opened but cling-wrapped cup of yogurt in the fridge, by the 5th days there's a layer of water separated from the yogurt. I threw it away cos don't dare to feed it to my baby.

meiteoh

I guess similar rules (to thawed purees) applies to yogurt as well.

The water is yogurt whey if I'm not mistaken. It's safe to eat and is in fact quite healthy.