Baby's Full Month Celebration

Phyllis15

I like to engage Neo Garden because their food is fresh and tasty, although slightly more ex.. and the portion size is not too much...

bbloelim

i called up Neo Garden, if need the tables n chairs for guests, is another $$..
if im going to cater it at my hse void deck, sure need tables n chairs for the guests right??
or they just stand around..hahaha

apollo

i ordered neogarden too. ehhh actu so far i ordered from neogarden and another caterer,both also didnt provide xtra tables n chairs. =)

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
How much should I order if let say I going to invite about 50 people but I know not all 50 will turn up. So can I order about 25 people?

apollo

usually they will RVSP you. if not, when u send out the invitation, be it via sms, email, FB, phone, tell them to let you noe hw many ppl will be coming by when. Best is confirm with them at least a week b4 the party. then you'll get a rough idea of how much food to order. lets say confirm about 50 guests will be attending, i will order 40 pax foods cause some might be kids who dont eat alot. Even if there is leftover, can let your family like your parents or inlaws to pack hm or other guests can have 2nd round =)

bbloelim

i ordered neogarden too. ehhh actu so far i ordered from neogarden and another caterer,both also didnt provide xtra tables n chairs. =)
so means the tables n chairs if i wan, muz add $ lo..
neo garden's 1 chair (those normal red chair) is 70cents, 1 rectangular table w a table cloth (can sit 4-6pax) is $7.50... woah, can realy burn pocket lo..
sure need tables n chairs de ma..right??

thking of getting neo garden, coz read other thread, seems neo garden's food is nice and presentation is good, just that portion is small...

Ting

hmmm for me, i will order arnd 40pax. agree with apollo, more is better than less, cos the food can be packed back hm or u can keep it yourself. it's quite embarassing if u hv not enough food cos some guests might be big eaters.

u can try mum's kitchen, reco by a mummy friend of mine. :)

apollo

u can try fukwee catering. their foods is very delicious BUT their setting is not as 'class' as neogarden. if u're not particular in the setting but more particular with the food, fukwee is good, esp their fried mee siam. their chair is 50 cent each if u rent from them. you can call the staff to ask hw much you shd order for 50pax, they are pretty honest.

I like fukwee cos of the nice food and variaties. Neogarden, u only can choose 1 dish from each category while fukwee, they give u the whole list u just choose any of the 8 dishes, if someone at hm can fried bee hoon, u can dont order beehoon and order another dish lik prawns or fish etc.. but many times, i gave up ordering from fukwee cos Neogarden setting is much more nicer and presentable. haha..

here is the link Fukwee Kitchen Catering Services

shopaholic

I ordered from Ye Liang How Catering. Food is halal, so it's good if you hv Muslim guests. My relatives all said the food was nice and I hv since recommended relatives to this caterer. Try the laksa and butterfly prawns, it's pretty good! Extra tables and chairs are chargeable.

I ordered the amount of food based on RSVP. If you invite 50 and only 40 confirmed their attendance, then perhaps you can order 35-37pax. However, if you're sure the 40 guests may bring their kids, then good to order 40 or slightly more.

bbloelim

usually the buffet, put outside our hse or at the void deck below huh??
coz i thk if just outside hse, no need have chairs and tables for guests, can save alot..

and for the cakes giveaways, is just for relatives only?? or even friends? i read, some said they actually gave to their colleagues too..
together with the red eggs and red kueks??

autumn82

coz i thk if just outside hse, no need have chairs and tables for guests, can save alot..

and for the cakes giveaways, is just for relatives only?? or even friends? i read, some said they actually gave to their colleagues too..
Usually we will do outside our place. Unless u are inviting alot alot more guests than your place can take, then prob void deck.. :) Actually if you have spare chairs, can just place outside. Otherwise just rent some chairs from the caterer. I think most adults can eat holding on to their plates.. LOL!! :p

Erm, for myself, I gave cakes/redeggs/ang ku kueys to relatives & colleagues. Friends only closer ones received them.

keefu

For mine the buffet was placed outside my house because not only guests can have the comfort to come in the house and eat my baby can also be seen by them at the same place. Still need to have extra chairs depending on your number of guest and the seatings available, and the size of your house.

For cakes giveaways can be given to anyone as long as they have given you gifts but unable to attend the baby shower, then you got to "repay" them by giving cakes.

apollo

we place it in my inlaws' hse cos we only invited close relatives and some hubby's close frens, roughly ard 40pax. if u wanna do it in the void deck, have to rent and pay a certain amount if i'm not wrong. even u do it in ur hse, also have to prepare some extra chairs and table. can just borrow from ur relatives, though abit troublesome.

for cakes, we only give to relatives. for hub's frens, they were alrdy invited to the buffet lunch so we didnt give. as for my frens, i only give cakes to those who gave ds gifts cos we didnt invite them to the full mth.

as for colleagues, depends on u. can dont give everyone a set of cake. can just bring a few boes to the office and let them share amoung themselves. for me, i was v close with my ex-colleagues so i gave everyone a set. I worked in retail line, so i only gave to the outlet i used to worked at. didnt give the others cos i wasnt wking in that company.

Ting

for me i gv cakes to my friends n relatives who attended pin's full month. other relatives who didnt, my mum gv them cake vouchers cos they gv pin gifts n AP.
as of colliqs, u can just bring a few boxes n let them share among themselves. my colliq's baby just full month, n he bought awfully chocolate cake for us instead, keke.

bbloelim

thanks for all!! :)
my mum told me to place it at my hse instead, which i actualy wana put it at her hse..she told me coz baby is bigger than anything, so muz put at my plc..got such things meh..

keefu

What is baby is bigger than anything? If the location is fine as long as it reachable and convenient for guests, why not? My cousin's baby full month also had it at my aunt's place, and another cousin had it at his friend's condo's function room...

apollo

i dunno what ur mum mean by 'baby is bigger than anything' but IMO, most impt is to consider whose place is more suitable and convenient for BABY. which place is better for baby to rest and for u to bf him. if u're inviting both u and ur hub sides relatives, then having the party at ur place is better i feel =)