baby's neck

Porukadotzu

my baby's neck sumtimes red like abrasion, and if i put powder tat area will be too dry and chaps.. if i put lotion/cream then the skin looks soften and stink.. sumtimes i saw the skin very red at the folds....

any idea how to keep the neck aread clean and dry?

Porukadotzu

my bb has similar issue and pd advised to put a thin layer of nappy cream twice a day
i see..

i was going to try this too but scare will make things worse..

so is it working for your baby?

i put this SebaMed facial baby cream on her neck now..
its supose to be for face only, to prevent milk rash and to heal scratches also to smooth baby face.
so i tot its ok..

autumn82

Last time DS neck also like tt.. So I use the Pigeon cream for heat rash then put alittle powder on it.. Works well. :)

Amulet

my baby's neck sumtimes red like abrasion, and if i put powder tat area will be too dry and chaps.. if i put lotion/cream then the skin looks soften and stink.. sumtimes i saw the skin very red at the folds....

any idea how to keep the neck aread clean and dry?
u breastfeeding right?

after baby bath, dry neck, then apply some breastmilk on the rashes.. then blow or airdry it quickly.. it should heal fast.. after that, whenever you remember, take a clean wet cloth and wipe her neck n airdry or blow dry to keep it dry n clean lo..

breastmilk works wonders on rashes and wounds..

if not, u can use nappy cream to apply abit on the rashes also..

p.s blow dry it not ask u to take hair dryer.. use a fan or use ur mouth.. hahaa..

babymoon

my babymoon have same problem also. but we only use the special powder for her. we buy from chinese medicine shop and the powder is more "cooling" for baby skin, so the rashes gone faster

Porukadotzu

u breastfeeding right?

after baby bath, dry neck, then apply some breastmilk on the rashes.. then blow or airdry it quickly.. it should heal fast.. after that, whenever you remember, take a clean wet cloth and wipe her neck n airdry or blow dry to keep it dry n clean lo..

breastmilk works wonders on rashes and wounds..

if not, u can use nappy cream to apply abit on the rashes also..

p.s blow dry it not ask u to take hair dryer.. use a fan or use ur mouth.. hahaa..
hi amulet,

yes i breastfeed.. it really can heal by using bm?
i tot the baby got the rashes coz i didn't clean the bm drip on her neck..hmm i should try this method..

i did blow dry (yes using mouth hehe) when i apply powder on her nect but then her skin dry and when i bathe her again i can see still got the red marks on her neck folds..

any idea how to keep baby head tilted back while waiting the bm drying? haha.. i always have trouble to have her head tilt back, coz when i apply cream on her neck she would wiggle her head coz ticklish..

Amulet

hi amulet,

yes i breastfeed.. it really can heal by using bm?
i tot the baby got the rashes coz i didn't clean the bm drip on her neck..hmm i should try this method..

i did blow dry (yes using mouth hehe) when i apply powder on her nect but then her skin dry and when i bathe her again i can see still got the red marks on her neck folds..

any idea how to keep baby head tilted back while waiting the bm drying? haha.. i always have trouble to have her head tilt back, coz when i apply cream on her neck she would wiggle her head coz ticklish..
hahaa.. so cute..

the rashes is caused coz bm+saliva ma.. somemore wetwet moist moist, best playground for bacteria.. but actually bm itself got anti bacterial properties..

i juz apply a thin thin layer, thn ask my mum to hold her head while i blow dry fast (blow until my head giddy) then take a clean towel, n pat dry the excessive ones..

Porukadotzu

hahaa.. so cute..

the rashes is caused coz bm+saliva ma.. somemore wetwet moist moist, best playground for bacteria.. but actually bm itself got anti bacterial properties..

i juz apply a thin thin layer, thn ask my mum to hold her head while i blow dry fast (blow until my head giddy) then take a clean towel, n pat dry the excessive ones..

ow ic ic.. so apply just thin layer of bm? i'll try it when she woke up.
hope she didn't get upset coz nd to hold her head.. (she dun like her head being touched.. not even hat or hairband :nah:)

no need to to put powder after bm?

autumn82

Haha. I bought it at Kiddy palace, this is another mum who post the pic. :) Oh ya, like tt Isetan also sells it lor.. Haha. :p

Porukadotzu

Haha. I bought it at Kiddy palace, this is another mum who post the pic. :) Oh ya, like tt Isetan also sells it lor.. Haha. :p
oh then i take back my words...:tlaugh:j/k!

then you apply it everyday? or only when the neck redish??

if you apply cream and dab powder doesn't becoming like paste?
i apply the cream i bought and dab powder too, then the next day my bb neck look like never bathe for 1 year..

Amulet

ow ic ic.. so apply just thin layer of bm? i'll try it when she woke up.
hope she didn't get upset coz nd to hold her head.. (she dun like her head being touched.. not even hat or hairband :nah:)

no need to to put powder after bm?
don put powder.. u can put a thin thin layer of nappy cream if u wan..