Baby's weight and feeding volume

Excited hubby

Alpha Male
Hi,

Anyone can advice how much to feed a 28 days old baby girl?

My girl now is 3.7kg, birth at 2.825kg. I feed her 90 - 110mils per 3 - 4 hours. Iszit too much?

apollo

Hi,

Anyone can advice how much to feed a 28 days old baby girl?

My girl now is 3.7kg, birth at 2.825kg. I feed her 90 - 110mils per 3 - 4 hours. Iszit too much?
her weight gain is good. for their weight, u have to judge hw much she gain mthly, cannot 'comparee' with others. usually for bb below 6mths, their average weight gain per mth is btwn 800g - 1kg. some gain slightly lil than 800g, some more than 1kg. and the amount is ok too. ds was drinking 120 every 2 hrs when he was tt young. =)

Ting

very hard to compare cos every child is diff.
like eg your child is born at 2.8 kgs, while pin was born at 3.2 kgs, so by 2 mths,your child is 3.7 but say if pin 4kg++, cant compare right? cos diff.
to me, as long my child is feeding well, gaining weight, not much of an issue abt the weight n size.
90-110 ml is fine. pin drinks abt 100-120 ml per 2 hrs. at tt age.

Amulet

very hard to compare cos every child is diff.
like eg your child is born at 2.8 kgs, while pin was born at 3.2 kgs, so by 2 mths,your child is 3.7 but say if pin 4kg++, cant compare right? cos diff.
to me, as long my child is feeding well, gaining weight, not much of an issue about the weight n size.
90-110 ml is fine. pin drinks about 100-120 ml per 2 hours. at that age.
agree..

like at ard 12months old, my friend's DD drinks 240ml 4 hrly, while my DD only drink 90ml 2hrly.. how to compare?

at 28days old, i think my DD drink ard 50-60ml per 2hrly.. not too sure since i just latch on directly..

Excited hubby

Alpha Male
Sydnee is turning 2 months. She is drinking 120mils to 130mils per 4 - 5 hours. At night she can sleep alot and drink 6hrs interval.

Sydnee is turning 2 months. She is drinking 120mils to 130mils per 4 - 5 hours. At night she can sleep alot and drink 6hrs interval.
she can slp for a stretch of 6 hrs probly shows that she is well fed before she sleeps, babies are smart, when they are hungry, they will cry and wake u up so dun worry:)

dfrtjie

This is not too much because this is growing age and they need more energy also you know that milk have maximum water in it. So if she is doing well then no need of worry about it.