BAD cough & flu affect milk intake??

Feliz

Edlycia has cough & flu for nearly a week already, went to see PD and was given medicine but doesnt seem to go away..
Since then her milk intake are very very little, if drinking FM only 50-60ML(normally is 120ML) den if latch on BM she suck for 2-3min den she would cry n scream n doesnt wan to drink..
I worry that she might be underfeed but she doesnt show any signs of it at all.. but when she's hungry, i gave her milk she would suckle very fast as thou she's really hungry but aft awhile she push e tongue out..

issit cause she feel sick & uncomfortable thats y she not interested in drinking milk?

camom

It's normal to lose appetite when sick. Maybe bb has difficulty breathing through nose too when feeding due to the flu.

apollo

i think mayb she is having blocked nose.. since her flu has affect her feeding, i suggest u to call up ur pd's clinic to ask if u nd to bring her down again..

elaineyeo

Edlycia has cough & flu for nearly a week already, went to see pediatrician and was given medicine but doesnt seem to go away..
Since then her milk intake are very very little, if drinking FM only 50-60ML(normally is 120ML) then if latch on breast milk she suck for 2-3min then she would cry n scream n doesnt want to drink..
I worry that she might be underfeed but she doesnt show any signs of it at all.. but when she's hungry, i gave her milk she would suckle very fast as thou she's really hungry but after awhile she push e tongue out..

issit cause she feel sick & uncomfortable thats why she not interested in drinking milk?

Hi felzdown my javier had the same case with your edlycia just that he dun have flu also last week bring him to see pediatrician and give med but still like same. He is on fm and drink 130ml but sometime in day time ald 7hrs and dun wanna drink milk when i feed him he keep crying wan to sleep and dun wan to drink but after awhile he drink and sometime drink only 70-80ml, i also afraid i will underfeed him le.. sometime really dun knw how le...

Feliz

camom & apollo, ya i think she got difficulties breathing therefore she fed up wan to drink milk.. i was given e nose drop & e suck suck thing to suck out e mucus.. but its seem like it really inside cos i suck nothing come out and edlycia breathing still sound like blocked nose.. will call my PD to check..

anyway is ther such a thing like e medicine will cause bb to cough more so that they will swollow their phlem and come out with her poopoo?? cos suddenly edlycia having like not so watery poo poo aft taking e medicine and also she cough more badly aft..

Feliz

Hi felzdown my javier had the same case with your edlycia just that he dont have flu also last week bring him to see pediatrician and give med but still like same. He is on fm and drink 130ml but sometime in day time ald 7hrs and dont wanna drink milk when i feed him he keep crying want to sleep and dont want to drink but after awhile he drink and sometime drink only 70-80ml, i also afraid i will underfeed him .. sometime really dont knw how ...

javier also ah? he got cough n hav like alot of phlem stuck in his throat? wat medicine ur PD gave ah? anyway edlycia cry for milk but aft i gave her, she drink abit den keep crying also den mus carry her up like burping position over my shoulder den she feel better..

Javier got cry at night when want to slp? Edlycia cry non stop till she tired den she slp.. really dunno wat to do.. If can i suck out e phlem for her.. hehehe..

anyway u heard before if breastfeed cant drink orange juice as will cause bb to cough??

Feliz

Hi felzdown my javier had the same case with your edlycia just that he dont have flu also last week bring him to see pediatrician and give med but still like same. He is on fm and drink 130ml but sometime in day time ald 7hrs and dont wanna drink milk when i feed him he keep crying want to sleep and dont want to drink but after awhile he drink and sometime drink only 70-80ml, i also afraid i will underfeed him .. sometime really dont knw how ...

javier also ? he got cough n hav like alot of phlem stuck in his throat? what medicine your pediatrician gave ? anyway edlycia cry for milk but after i gave her, she drink abit then keep crying also then mus carry her up like burping position over my shoulder then she feel better..

Javier got cry at night when want to sleep? Edlycia cry non stop till she tired then she sleep.. really dont know what to do.. If can i suck out e phlem for her.. hehehe.. :001_302:

anyway you heard before if breastfeed cant drink orange juice as will cause baby to cough??

elaineyeo

javier also ? he got cough n hav like alot of phlem stuck in his throat? what medicine your pediatrician gave ? anyway edlycia cry for milk but after i gave her, she drink abit then keep crying also then mus carry her up like burping position over my shoulder then she feel better..

Javier got cry at night when want to sleep? Edlycia cry non stop till she tired then she sleep.. really dont know what to do.. If can i suck out e phlem for her.. hehehe.. :001_302:

anyway you heard before if breastfeed cant drink orange juice as will cause baby to cough??
Ya same lor when he cough you can hear like alot of phlem stuck inside but they dun knw how to cough out le.. my pediatrician give him phlegm med is red col 1 take ald still same le he take for 5 days ald... my 1 wun cry for milk i have to feed him cos scared he hungry for so many hrs but he wun drink till i carry him on my shoulder awhile then he fall asleep i feed him then he drink.. If really can suck out the phlem that will be good... :001_302:

For breastfeed i not very sure izzit orange juice cause baby to cough but hear pple say tat orange juice take ald baby got alot of phlem.. Cos i din breastfeed javier...

Feliz

Ya same when he cough you can hear like alot of phlem stuck inside but they dont knw how to cough out .. my pediatrician give him phlegm med is red col 1 take ald still same he take for 5 days ald... my 1 wun cry for milk i have to feed him cos scared he hungry for so many hours but he wun drink till i carry him on my shoulder awhile then he fall asleep i feed him then he drink.. If really can suck out the phlem that will be good... :001_302:

For breastfeed i not very sure izzit orange juice cause baby to cough but hear pple say that orange juice take ald baby got alot of phlem.. Cos i did not breastfeed javier...
same lor edlycia medicine also red in colour, smell like cherry like that.. edlycia also taking nearly for 5 days alr stil not ok.. Javier got poo poo watery aft taking e medicine? anyway i jus fed edlycia n at last she drank 100ML instead of 50-60 only..

as for orange juice i heard wil cause phlem leh.. i always drink orange juice and i think thats y suddenly edlycia got cough + phlem.. now i stop drinking and see hw this few days..

veronica

hmm..my gal also been coughing and having running nose. Its been close to 1month++ leh but it didnt go away.

We have been going down to the PD every 2 weeks particularly and my bills pill up to close 1k no joke cos each time cost me $100plus each visit.

Tonight we have to go again...

I hope she won't develop asthma cos this is what i heard it will lead to prolong coughing...

damn worried man..

elaineyeo

same edlycia medicine also red in colour, smell like cherry like that.. edlycia also taking nearly for 5 days already stil not ok.. Javier got poo poo watery after taking e medicine? anyway i just fed edlycia n at last she drank 100ML instead of 50-60 only..

as for orange juice i heard wil cause phlem .. i always drink orange juice and i think thats why suddenly edlycia got cough + phlem.. now i stop drinking and see hw this few days..
Ic, i think the med almost the same, my javier poo poo not really watery le abit sticky and is green and yellow colour last time he keep poo poo daily now like 2 days poo poo once,... jaiver today finally 4hourly drink once but i gave 130ml he cant finished he sometime drink 90-120ml like tat think we must mointor them for a few more days... They sick we very headache...

elaineyeo

hmm..my gal also been coughing and having running nose. Its been close to 1month++ but it didnt go away.

We have been going down to the pediatrician every 2 weeks particularly and my bills pill up to close 1k no joke cos each time cost me $100plus each visit.

I hope she won't develop asthma cos this is what i heard it will lead to prolong coughing...

damn worried man..

Hi how is your gal ald. Ya being a mother will be worried when they fall sick cos they only know how to cry dun knw how to tell... Haiz!

Feliz

hmm..my gal also been coughing and having running nose. Its been close to 1month++ but it didnt go away.

We have been going down to the pediatrician every 2 weeks particularly and my bills pill up to close 1k no joke cos each time cost me $100plus each visit.

damn worried man..
1k?! thats alot man! u go to which PD? hw come so ex per visit? I also scared edlycia will hav asthmas as her cough sound like one..

Yeah worried and headache cos bb very cranky!.. hope ur girl will be well soon..

Feliz

Ic, i think the med almost the same, my javier poo poo not really watery abit sticky and is green and yellow colour last time he keep poo poo daily now like 2 days poo poo once,... jaiver today finally 4hourly drink once but i gave 130ml he cant finished he sometime drink 90-120ml like that think we must mointor them for a few more days... They sick we very headache...

Edlycia neve poopoo everyday, mayb once in 2days or 3days.. but nw she poo everyday at least twice due to e medicine i think..

Well let jus pray that our lil precious will get well soon.. :Dancing_wub:

haffa

Mummies..my girl is also not well. She's having blocked nose and slight fever. It all started on Sunday after her jab. So far..she has no prob with her milk intake..its juz that she's quite cranky. So poor thing ahh when i hear her breathing..like got sumthing stuck in her nose...*sigh* I m really praying that she gets well soon. Hope all our babies will b ok soon yeah...hugz to all..

dear mommies

can try to gently pat pat your baby back over your shoulder like burping them, your hand like kone shape and pat pat sound like "pook pook".... i learned this method from my sis when my boys having cough and phlegm..tis is to help them to swallow the phlegm so they wont feel irritated having it on their throat ... hope tis will help...

oso if the cough persistent, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics..but they will try not to, coz baby too small...

Feliz

Mummies..my girl is also not well. She's having blocked nose and slight fever. It all started on Sunday after her jab. So far..she has no prob with her milk intake..its just that she's quite cranky. So poor thing ahh when i hear her breathing..like got sumthing stuck in her nose...*sigh* I m really praying that she gets well soon. Hope all our babies will b ok soon yeah...hugz to all..
Hi haffa, ur girl took e 6 in 1 jab issit? edlycia also got slight fever aft e jab.. ur girl cranky when comes to night time? edlycia super cranky till im so fed up.. hhaaiiss..
ya very heartpain to see our baby like that.. Hugs to u too.. :we2cute:

Feliz

dear mommies

can try to gently pat pat your baby back over your shoulder like burping them, your hand like kone shape and pat pat sound like "pook pook".... i learned this method from my sis when my boys having cough and phlegm..tis is to help them to swallow the phlegm so they wont feel irritated having it on their throat ... hope tis will help...

also if the cough persistent, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics..but they will try not to, coz baby too small...

Hi catherine & raymond, i always did that to edlycia and she really feel alot better bt my arms are breaking carrying her too long like that..:tlaugh:

lekdao

Hi all,

last year my gal also hving a very bad cough and phlegm. I brought her to Dr. Teoh at Mt E. After 3 visits my gal recover completely (1st visit, the medicine taste yucks, after 2 days went back request to change medicine).

during the 3rd visit, he told me after this round of medication, dun need to come back. It really come true.

diymummy

camom & apollo, ya i think she got difficulties breathing therefore she fed up want to drink milk.. i was given e nose drop & e suck suck thing to suck out e mucus.. but its seem like it really inside cos i suck nothing come out and edlycia breathing still sound like blocked nose.. will call my pediatrician to check..

anyway is ther such a thing like e medicine will cause baby to cough more so that they will swollow their phlem and come out with her poopoo?? cos suddenly edlycia having like not so watery poo poo after taking e medicine and also she cough more badly after..
Yes there is such medication which will loosen phlegm so that baby can cough it out. The one that I am using from my PD is called Solmux. When baby swallow the phlegm, the poo poo will tend to be sticky.

If she was prescribed antibiotics, some antibiotcs do cause diarrhea like symptoms in babies.

When my boy had very bad blocked nose that time, I fed him through a dropper.