BAD cough & flu affect milk intake??

elaineyeo

Mummies..my girl is also not well. She's having blocked nose and slight fever. It all started on Sunday after her jab. So far..she has no prob with her milk intake..its just that she's quite cranky. So poor thing ahh when i hear her breathing..like got sumthing stuck in her nose...*sigh* I m really praying that she gets well soon. Hope all our babies will b ok soon yeah...hugz to all..

Hi haffa, must take care of your gal cos now they still small very headache and see them eat medicine so heart pain and crying... really must pray that they will get well real soon... *Hugs*

veronica

Ya, consultation already $60 and with medicines, sure hit $100 easily.

I visit Kinderclinic cos so far this is the only one that has night clinic now. The ones I usually see at Pediatic clinic over at TMC has moved to Novena and no longer opens at night.

She is on nebulizer now...sigh..hopefully it will help her clear once and for all.

Hope all the babies get well soon !!!

Mummy to Baby V

My boy just recovered from fever, runny nose and husky voice after a week. Fortunately no cough! We blogged about it at Busy Mummy |

Blocked and runny nose made him very uncomfortable and cranky. On the worst night, my hubby and I took turns to carry him upright to sleep on our shoulders. Guess his immunity is rather strong due to 100% breastmilk, so he got well fast.

I hardly took orange since breastfeeding since it could be an allergen for babies. Orange and citrus foods can only be fed to babies when they are much older, at least 12-18 months old.

Chicken meat and eggs could prolong coughs too.

May all the babies stay strong and healthy through the year! :)

Feliz

Hi all,

last year my gal also hving a very bad cough and phlegm. I brought her to Dr. Teoh at Mt E. After 3 visits my gal recover completely (1st visit, the medicine taste yucks, after 2 days went back request to change medicine).

during the 3rd visit, he told me after this round of medication, dont need to come back. It really come true.

wah wat medicine issit.? so good uh?

Feliz

Yes there is such medication which will loosen phlegm so that baby can cough it out. The one that I am using from my pediatrician is called Solmux. When baby swallow the phlegm, the poo poo will tend to be sticky.

If she was prescribed antibiotics, some antibiotcs do cause diarrhea like symptoms in babies.

When my boy had very bad blocked nose that time, I fed him through a dropper.

edlycia poopoo are not so watery that type.. dc didnt give antibiotics leh.. hmmm... anyway wat is a dropper? hehe

Feliz

My boy just recovered from fever, runny nose and husky voice after a week. Fortunately no cough! We blogged about it at Busy Mummy |

Blocked and runny nose made him very uncomfortable and cranky. On the worst night, my hubby and I took turns to carry him upright to sleep on our shoulders. Guess his immunity is rather strong due to 100% breastmilk, so he got well fast.

I hardly took orange since breastfeeding since it could be an allergen for babies. Orange and citrus foods can only be fed to babies when they are much older, at least 12-18 months old.

Chicken meat and eggs could prolong coughs too.

May all the babies stay strong and healthy through the year! :)
oh oh.. i drink orange juice every night and eat chicken and eggs while breastfeeding.. In short, i ate almost everything n still breastfeed.. am i doin it wrongly?? shld i stop breastfeedin??

diymummy

A dropper is like a syringe. Instead of sucking the milk by pulling the syringe, using a dropper, you just press the top to create suction. You can buy it from Isetan or Kiddy Palace for abt $4.

But do be careful while using it as baby can choke on the fast flow of milk. Regulate the dripping into baby's mouth.

camom

camom & apollo, ya i think she got difficulties breathing therefore she fed up want to drink milk.. i was given e nose drop & e suck suck thing to suck out e mucus.. but its seem like it really inside cos i suck nothing come out and edlycia breathing still sound like blocked nose.. will call my pediatrician to check..

anyway is ther such a thing like e medicine will cause baby to cough more so that they will swollow their phlem and come out with her poopoo?? cos suddenly edlycia having like not so watery poo poo after taking e medicine and also she cough more badly after..
Have, see the doc. I think it's usually a combination of med to open the bb's airway (some wheezing med) and Salbutamol (Sp?) to pass out the phlegm in the bowels since bb can't cough it out.

Mummy to Baby V

oh oh.. i drink orange juice every night and eat chicken and eggs while breastfeeding.. In short, i ate almost everything n still breastfeed.. am i doin it wrongly?? shld i stop breastfeedin??
Keep breastfeeding; that's the BEST immunity booster. Just plan your diet properly. E.g. drink starfruit juice instead of orange juice? Still lots of Vit C.

When baby's coughing, eat more fish instead of chicken & eggs? Some chicken meat and eggs should be fine; just not make it the bulk of your diet at this time.

I'm a vegetarian and can still plan my diet to breastfeed sufficiently for almost one year. Am sure most other Mums can do that too. :)

haffa

Hi haffa, your girl took e 6 in 1 jab issit? edlycia also got slight fever after e jab.. your girl cranky when comes to night time? edlycia super cranky till im so fed up.. hhaaiiss..
ya very heartpain to see our baby like that.. Hugs to you too.. :we2cute:

hi felz...yup she took the 6-in-1 jab. and yes she was cranky at night.*sigh* I m so glad she is feeling much better today. Hope Edlycia is better also babe..:)

haffa

Hi haffa, must take care of your gal cos now they still small very headache and see them eat medicine so heart pain and crying... really must pray that they will get well real soon... *Hugs*

Hi Elaine...yah lor when i saw her reaction when she was taking the medicine..i felt very sad ahh. Kept on praying that she will get well quickly. Thank God today she is better. And yes...i pray that all babies get well soon ok! :)

Feliz

Have, see the doc. I think it's usually a combination of med to open the baby's airway (some wheezing med) and Salbutamol (Sp?) to pass out the phlegm in the bowels since baby can't cough it out.

today edlycia poo poo was sticky like phlem type of stickyness.. think its e phlem.. but still her cough doesnt get better.. hhhaiiss

Feliz

Keep breastfeeding; that's the BEST immunity booster. Just plan your diet properly. E.g. drink starfruit juice instead of orange juice? Still lots of Vit C.

When baby's coughing, eat more fish instead of chicken & eggs? Some chicken meat and eggs should be fine; just not make it the bulk of your diet at this time.

I'm a vegetarian and can still plan my diet to breastfeed sufficiently for almost one year. Am sure most other Mums can do that too. :)
Wow vegetarian.. healthy.. hehe.. but wat do u eat to hav milk? cos my milk supply get really low as edlycia will suck till she fed up cos milk very slow n little.. n also my breast doesnt feel as full, now jelly jelly feeling.. like nothin inside.. :tlaugh:

Feliz

hi felz...yup she took the 6-in-1 jab. and yes she was cranky at night.*sigh* I m so glad she is feeling much better today. Hope Edlycia is better also babe..:)

thank u haffa, hope auni gets better too.. :Dancing_wub:

elaineyeo

today edlycia poo poo was sticky like phlem type of stickyness.. think its e phlem.. but still her cough doesnt get better.. hhhaiiss
Hi felzdown how is edlycia ald got any better ma? My javier dun really wan milk sometime dun know izzit becos of the phlegm inside he feel irritating so dun wanna drink milk for hrs sometime really headache.... But today morning i feed my javier milk then he vomit milk out plus the phlegm out alot of small pcs of phlegm. Dun knw will be better anot if the phlegm is out or still got somemore inside think i will monitor a few more days... Hope your edlycia will get better real soon... May all the babies get well soon!

Mummy to Baby V

Wow vegetarian.. healthy.. hehe.. but what do you eat to hav milk? cos my milk supply get really low as edlycia will suck till she fed up cos milk very slow n little.. n also my breast doesnt feel as full, now jelly jelly feeling.. like nothin inside.. :tlaugh:
A vegetarian diet is healthy only if well-planned. I eat meals with fresh ingredients instead of mock meat. Typical meals:

Breakfast:
- organic oat (1 bowl)
- 2 pieces of wholemeal bread
- organic cheese or 1 glass of milk
- 1 fruit

Lunch:
- brown / red rice (1 big bowl)
- vegetables
- peas / beans / eggs / mushrooms
- soup
- 1/2 fruit (shared with baby)

Snack:
- oatmilk or soy milk
- wholemeal bread / biscuits
- supplements (multivitamin, Calcium which is important for breastfeeding mothers, DHA made from algae since I don't eat fish)

Dinner:
- vegetables
- peas / beans
- soup
- fruits

Drink lots of water / fluids throughout the day
In the early months, I even ate biscuits in the middle of the night after breastfeeding because I was hungry.
I avoided black beans and black bean soup because my post-natal nurse told me it could affect milk supply.

I ate much more than pre-pregnancy days due to my boy's large appetite. With breastfeeding, I didn't gain any weight.

It is fine for breasts to feel soft; it means that there is no engorgement or blocked ducts which can be very painful. Clearing breasts at every feed means that milk would be replenished by the body again.

Somehow, when my boy suckles, the milk would be made to meet his demand exactly. Nature seems perfect! :)

Last edited:

Feliz

Hi felzdown how is edlycia ald got any better ? My javier dont really want milk sometime dont know izzit becos of the phlegm inside he feel irritating so dont wanna drink milk for hours sometime really headache.... But today morning i feed my javier milk then he vomit milk out plus the phlegm out alot of small pcs of phlegm. dont knw will be better anot if the phlegm is out or still got somemore inside think i will monitor a few more days... Hope your edlycia will get better real soon... May all the babies get well soon!

Hi elaine, i went to kk to take result today due to edlycia has this bacteria on her body when she was 17days old.. Its called MRSA.. result came out neg, so relieve but another problem.. Doc check her cos edlycia was breathing heavily plus stuck stuck tht type, den dc say edlycia got mild bronchitis and might leads to asthmas as i hav asthmas history also.. :Dancing_sad:so was given another type of medicine, powder type mus dissolve inside water/milk den it will cause her to cough real bad till she vomit her phlem out..

Haiiss.. aft one another one.. very fustrating lor.. n tired..

Edlycia also not drinkin much milk, her normal intake 120-125ml but this few days only 50-60Ml.. dc ask me monitor her pee if she not wetting her diaper den its might leads to dehyration(sp?) n its life threatening.. :we2arghh: so scary la.. Hope ur javier get well soon..

Feliz

A vegetarian diet is healthy only if well-planned. I eat meals with fresh ingredients instead of mock meat. Typical meals:

Breakfast:
- organic oat (1 bowl)
- 2 pieces of wholemeal bread
- organic cheese or 1 glass of milk
- 1 fruit

Lunch:
- vegetables
- peas / beans / eggs / mushrooms
- soup
- 1/2 fruit (shared with baby)

Snack:
- oatmilk or soy milk
- wholemeal bread / biscuits
- supplements (multivitamin, Calcium which is important for breastfeeding mothers, DHA made from algae since I dont't eat fish)

Dinner:
- vegetables
- peas / beans
- soup
- fruits

Drink lots of water / fluids throughout the day
In the early months, I even ate biscuits in the middle of the night after breastfeeding because I was hungry.
I avoided black beans and black bean soup because my post-natal nurse told me it could affect milk supply.

I ate much more than pre-pregnancy days due to my boy's large appetite. With breastfeeding, I didn't gain any weight.

It is fine for breasts to feel soft; it means that there is no engorgement or blocked ducts which can be very painful. Clearing breasts at every feed means that milk would be replenished by the body again.

Somehow, when my boy suckles, the milk would be made to meet his demand exactly. Nature seems perfect! :)
thats a very healthy meal u hav.. but i don think i can do it cos i cant survive w/o MEATS.. especially beef.. :001_302: i think whether if hav enf milk also depend on individual body uh?

elaineyeo

Hi elaine, i went to kk to take result today due to edlycia has this bacteria on her body when she was 17days old.. Its called MRSA.. result came out neg, so relieve but another problem.. Doc check her cos edlycia was breathing heavily plus stuck stuck tht type, then dc say edlycia got mild bronchitis and might leads to asthmas as i hav asthmas history also.. :Dancing_sad:so was given another type of medicine, powder type mus dissolve inside water/milk then it will cause her to cough real bad till she vomit her phlem out..

Haiiss.. after one another one.. very fustrating .. n tired..

Edlycia also not drinkin much milk, her normal intake 120-125ml but this few days only 50-60Ml.. dc ask me monitor her pee if she not wetting her diaper then its might leads to dehyration(sp?) n its life threatening.. :we2arghh: so scary .. Hope your javier get well soon..

Heard wat you say really so scary... :eek: so you have to mointor her carefully hope everything will be fine for her. My javier this few days seems like better ald he did drink milk from 90ml-130ml slowly... the timing also stretch from 4.5 to 5hrs interval.. Really feel frustrating when they not feeling well and somemore they sick they dun know how to tell only keep crying and dun know wat they want sometime.. Haiz! Being a mummy is not easy de.. :nah:Let her drink more water, Edlycia will be fine de dun worry... :tlaugh:

Feliz

Heard what you say really so scary... :eek: so you have to mointor her carefully hope everything will be fine for her. My javier this few days seems like better ald he did drink milk from 90ml-130ml slowly... the timing also stretch from 4.5 to 5hrs interval.. Really feel frustrating when they not feeling well and somemore they sick they dont know how to tell only keep crying and dont know what they want sometime.. sigh! Being a mummy is not easy .. :nah:Let her drink more water, Edlycia will be fine dont worry... :tlaugh:

ya lor elaine.. yest night i don dare to slp cos i scared she wil choke on her phlem.. paranoid liao.. haaiiss.. :err:
good that javier getting better liao.. U also take care of urself ya.. :001_302: