Barley Water

actan1

Alpha Male
Dear all,

Just to check with you all.
Recently my gal is having fever and i gave her some barley water..
Guess what, my mother in law is not happy and say barley water is too liang for a
one year old baby..

I need to know is barley water very liang ??? what are your views ???
:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

Tarbe

We r opposite.. Even tho i protest.. my mum still secretly gave my 2 mth old baby few teaspoon of barley water when she has her 1st vacination. No fever, no issues after her jabs. I hate to admit but seems like abit is still ok.

TANZHENZHI

The barley water got diff type. You must buy those chinese barley for them. My Mil usually buy chinese barley to boil for my son to drink. Then English one is more liang for us adult. That's what she told me. :001_302:

apollo

aft 6mth old, ds has been fed barley water once in awhile. but my parents only gif him those China barley. u can get it from hock hwa. but we dun gif too often, lik once to twice a mth =)

TANZHENZHI

after 6mth old, dear son has been fed barley water once in awhile. but my parents only give him those China barley. you can get it from hock hwa. but we dont give too often, lik once to twice a month =)
Yes. My MIL also bought from Hock Hwa. Buy those china barley, the seeds is bigger. We seldom let him drink only when he close to taking his vaccinations then boil for him to drink. :)

annie

yea yea ang mo barley more liang lol. tat time i went to buy, they ask me to mix ang mo ones n chinese ones.. so i just mix lo. at most i give 1 cup weekly during summer only.

mandymtb

mummies, wat do u mean by ang mo barley??

i bought the organic Pearl Barley from supermarts, is this the chinese or the ang mo barley?

Ting

chinese barley is rounder in shape.
just go to any chinese medical shop n tell the shop assistant u wanna cook for babies, china/chinese barley, they will know.

TS, i usually give barley to pin when she is having constipation n also fever.
when the weather gets warm, also will cook for her, she usually dun drink much also.
now, she doesnt like it, cos its too bland for her, but my dad will cook red bean n green bean soup for her instead.