Batam... Need advice on shopping and things to do

JazN

Hi mummies,

i'll be staying at harris batam centre. Understand there is megamall nearby any sure must-go shops over there? eating?

Any other suggested shopping places? How to get there & approx how much? by taxi or shuttle bus?

Anyone been to Waterworld at Dutamas? Info reco going if have kids. Is it worth visiting & how much is the entrance? Can't seem to find info on this place.

Do share any worth visiting places and worth buying items. Going there 1st time to try out so hope all is well

thks mummies!

mag_huiling

Usually I go the for shopping only. So as for the waterworld im not sure. I only know it's open 10 am to 7 pm Tuesday to Sunday. Monday is closed and Friday they open from 3 pm to 7pm.

Megamall stuffs are slightly more expensive, but worth the buy for it's food. Recommended to buy the cakes from Breadtalk, nice and thou it's about same price as sg, but far bigger. And also J'Co donut. For clothings, Number 61 is like their giordano. Cheap and not too bad. There's a departmental store there, Matahari, but prices same as sg, not worth going in.

You can take a taxi to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall. Cheap toys, clothes, shoes, etc. Their target customers is singaporeans. So be careful eh! The supermarket has lots of cheap grabs.

DC Mall is quite small, but cheap if you're gonna get cosmetic stuffs. and also a shop selling cheap clothings. bought a cotton singlet and pants for my girl for only about sgd$0.30. They also have their local snack.

Taxi is less than S$10 per trip. Better is dont try the die die negotiate method with these taxi drivers. Enjoy your trip!

happyhippo

hi JazN

oh i'm also going to harris batam centre on sat. when are you going?
me also first time going batam to shop.. also blur blur... was just surfing the net for shopping tips, and came across your post :)
i just hope the hotel dont't have too many hiccups coz it is so so new.
have a good holiday :)

hi mag_huiling
thks for your tips!
did you go for any seafood? i read a few pple talking about golden prawn restaurant.. think need to see how far to get there. have you tried this place? or any other recc?
thks.

JazN

yes let's cross our fingers not like MBS ;) going there in afternoon.

hopefully there is playground for kids to play.

mag_huiling

hi JazN

oh i'm also going to harris batam centre on sat. when are you going?
me also first time going batam to shop.. also blur blur... was just surfing the net for shopping tips, and came across your post :)
i just hope the hotel dont't have too many hiccups coz it is so so new.
have a good holiday :)

hi mag_huiling
thks for your tips!
did you go for any seafood? i read a few pple talking about golden prawn restaurant.. think need to see how far to get there. have you tried this place? or any other recc?
thks.
Golden prawn they have 933 and 555... go for the 933. like that one better...

happyhippo

hi mag_huiling
erhh sorry what does 933 and 555 mean? is it there are 2 different locations? any idea which is nearer to batam centre?
thks so much for sharing :)