Batam

mar_mum

Anyone has any recommendations on the eating places at Batam? Going Harris end Nov.

How about the shopping area? Cheaper than in Singapore?

veronica

I havent been to Batam for a decade !!! So i wonder how is Batam now?

Is it worth to go? The last time I went was like more than 10yrs ago and still pretty empty there.

Jin

hi i would like to know more abt Batam too. Never been there b4 but thought of going there for a break somewhere end of the year.

thanks!

jessielu

Went there in April this year, stay in Holiday Inn and as compare, I would say it's better than Harris(although Harris got lots of activities) we get a cab via the front desk and charter us to a few places, bring us to massage and to Nagoya for shopping.

If u want, i can PM u his contact

ijustwannajoin

went to both harris and holiday inn before.
harris ppl are very friendly
holiday inn is cleaner.

Can go to nagoya town or batam center to shop.
Everything is so cheap haha
Remember to get mani lulur, an indonesia scrub.
$1 - $2 only

nsync_su

I stayed in Golden Palace Hotel and it was very nice. It's like we're in a cruise but its a hotel. Hotel is by the pier. For me, shopping wise, its cheap but old-fashion. Groceries, yes.. cheap cheap. Foodwise.. Harbor Bay is good too, like newton circus. Usually i go there to relax, not much of shopping... but lots of eating. Hehehehe..

ijustwannajoin

scrub lor.... haha
cheap and good.
Erm... u can try to google to read about it
It is highly raved in flowerpod. I read it there and bought it and love it myself

wenz

it is not safe to use their water there, please bring ur own water...
can try to shop at batam centre... cheap and lotsa things...

lawla12

Anyone has any recommendations on the eating places at Batam? Going Harris end Nov.

How about the shopping area? Cheaper than in Singapore?

REM TO EAT A&W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL~ ....really miss their root beer float, curly fries, ice cream waffle...but the pricing not cheap lehhh....abt SGD$7 for a set n their serving not very big too

Just went there few weeks back, stayed in Holiday Inn. The hotel is superb. Very friendly staff, clean & efficient. Will try their best to please the customers.

For shopping malls, you can go to Mega Mall(Batam Ctr), Nagoya Hill, BCS, DC Mall. If wanna go for massage, Mani/Pedicure or do your hair, i would recommend go to Nagoya Hill, Christopher salon.