bathing during confinement period

Mreow Mreow

Haha.
Did u all cut ur hair to prepare for birth?

My hair is still long.
Can reach my belly button.

But I don't plan to cut :p

tash

I hd c-section so I was in hospital for 5days...when I come back to home my mom arrange a lady for me who can give me massage and help me in bathing
so for 45days....everyday she came give me hot oil Massage..then i rest for 30 minutes after that I take bath....I wash my hair 3times in a week...for 1month my routine was same...

KLTan

Try not to bath bah .. i am those that is very "ti ki" and bath during confinement .. but guess what .. i am having body aching all over my body .. regret!!!

NeSSa

i showered every alternate day my mum will boil lemongrass n ginger water for me to shower n wash hair...the othe days just sponge bath...

justamom

I bathed everyday w herbs and washed hair every five days..cannot take it..hair super itchy although I used spray shampoo on days I didn't wash hair..
Btw I have a new bottle of dry shampoo bought Fr guardian pharmacy which is nt used and will give the other used bottle (left half or more) to the mummy..selling at $12 for two bottles..usual price is $14 for one..let me know if anyone wants...

NeSSa

Haha.
Did u all cut ur hair to prepare for birth?

My hair is still long.
Can reach my belly button.

But I don't plan to cut :p
i cut my long hair to above my shoulder....very sad :( cut it abt 2 mths before edd

the herbs my mum use is old ginger, either pomelo leave or skin n lemongrass boil with water and boil till can smell the lemongrass...the ginger must be old de

if u wan can go chinese medical hall ask them for confinement shower...

Last edited:

MeliviaL

I hd c-section so I was in hospital for 5days...when I come back to home my mom arrange a lady for me who can give me massage and help me in bathing
so for 45days....everyday she came give me hot oil Massage..then i rest for 30 minutes after that I take bath....I wash my hair 3times in a week...for 1month my routine was same...
The lady that helped you massage, is it for slimming as well? How much did you all paid her?

MeliviaL

I was told by my mum that I can't bath for 1 whole month during confinement! ):

Previously when I was having chicken pox, mum didn't allow me to bath for 1 whole month. ): the joy of being able to bath after so long is.... soooooo... shhhhiiiiiooookkkk~ :D

Not sure about the tradition, but it's probably more practical? Not so hot? :001_302:

I'm contemplating of cutting my hair to shoulder length but maybe I should keep it long so can tie up?? Any advise from other mummies? ;)

NeSSa

coz u cannot shower and wash hair too often..thats where u get alot of wind and will catch cold...

so i cut it so it wont be so smelly coz of the weather...and easier to manage also..dry faster...

Surviving mum

For those who bathe using warm water only, do u use soap for yr bottom to wash your wound? Coz got blood discharge and I don't think water alone is clean enough

Pauleen

After i gave birth and woke up from painkillers, took a shower immediately in the hospital. Normal shower (shampoo, soap etc). I did not do anything different in terms of showering (twice a day, washed hair, etc) except that I shower with water that is warmer than usual. I also did not have confinement nanny so there's no one to nag at me (not even my mum - she showered during her 3 pregnancies too!!). I don't feel any weaker from showering. In fact, I feel more energetic.

My 2nd baby is due any time now and I don't foresee doing anything different. Even my gynae (bless him) said it's just myths that cannot shower. Hygiene is more important.

Maggiequek

I m using lemon grass water to bath daily. Just boil the water with lemon grass n it smells really good :) I have really long hair (to my waist) so I just bun it up. Had my first wash with the lemon grass water on the 6th day.. I find bathing with the herbs make me feel even worse as I keep feeling e powder on my skin -.-"

roudx

My postnatal massage lady told me, she attended those class. The prof is from China. And say Singaporean shouldn't follow the "cannot shower" thing. In China, got cold season one. In Singapore only hot humid. For hygiene purpose also. And also when we are doing confinement, we are eating those super heaty food. Cause they say after delivery , body will be very "liang" .
But if we sweat, all our sweat also covers our pores. Somemore we eat so heaty food, got in, no out. Body will hay wire one.
Shower with warm water, no soap. Then wipe clean. No air con / fan for half an hour cause pores open.
After that ok le. But for hair, i never wash even though tempting to.
I cut my hair to around shoulder length. My hair last time till waist line. But for the sake, i just cut it off.
I do shower everyday. Once a day with warm water. Then wipe clean and sit in my room for 30mins without fan / air con.

xiaodingtang

any mummies had tried the Lemongrass Shower Gel? Any feedback on this product?
How is this comparing with the traditional herbal wash?

Kokura

My postnatal massage lady told me, she attended those class. The prof is from China. And say Singaporean shouldn't follow the "cannot shower" thing. In China, got cold season one. In Singapore only hot humid. For hygiene purpose also. And also when we are doing confinement, we are eating those super heaty food. Cause they say after delivery , body will be very "liang" .
But if we sweat, all our sweat also covers our pores. Somemore we eat so heaty food, got in, no out. Body will hay wire one.
Shower with warm water, no soap. Then wipe clean. No air con / fan for half an hour cause pores open.
After that ok le. But for hair, i never wash even though tempting to.
I cut my hair to around shoulder length. My hair last time till waist line. But for the sake, i just cut it off.
I do shower everyday. Once a day with warm water. Then wipe clean and sit in my room for 30mins without fan / air con.

But sitting inside a room for 30 mins with the windows & door closed can get very stuffy. I wonder if it is all right to use a paper fan to fan oneself every now & then?