bb not able to poo

Lana17

Hi mummies,

was wondering if it's normal for bb not poo for 2 days or more? my 3 months bb did not poo for 2 days n can see he's quite uncomfortable n try to force but with no success n will end up crying ... try to madssage his tummy but not helping him to poo either.. might be constipation =\

any suggestions? or maybe shd bring him to c doc?

thx a lot..

msck

Hey lana17, my 10 weeks old girl too!! There was once 3 days!

But i was told as long as on breastmilk, bb cannot be having constipstion. Is ur bb on bm or fm?

Alisa

my son was having constipation when he is fully on bf too. he was around 2-3mths old. what we did is make the 'Ener' sound and push his legs against his tummy.

Lana17

hi msck,

my bb is on bf... he didnt poo last week too.. but it was juz a day.. n the next day he did poo.. but a bit explosive :S

i will continue to massage n push his legs too n c if he poo...

Lana17

FINALLY!!! my bb poo after 3 days...
i thought bb will not hv pb pooing since on bf.. but apparently they can dun poo for a few days, was quite concern at the beginning but guess i'm a bit 'khang chiong' :p

mine also not poo for 4 days. she's always like "kek sai" like tat and the whole face will turn red but only wind comes out and no poo. She's on bm also. but then when my son was on full bm, he poo every day lei. so a little worried why my gal is like tat.

Lana17

so since my bb poo 2 days ago, he hasnt been pooing again, will keeping making noise but nothing comes out but wind n wind.. maybe when bb gets older, they dun poo much maybe??!!

My bb used to poo like 2 or 3 times during the day n now it's like once every 2 or 3 days.. a bit concerned too.. when he finally poo, i was like so happy for him :p

Lana17

i forgotten to mention, a friend of mine was telling me tht when her son didnt really poo everyday too, n once didnt poo for like abt 5 or 6 days, she said tht doc prescribe suppository for her bb, n the effect is almost immediately or bb can poo anytime.. for her case, it was like 20 mins after, every effective..

my baby finally poo too! yeah! usu bf babies may not poo so often bcos bm is quite "lean" n baby absorb everything n no wastage. i guess for my boy's case, cos he's on bott feed as i pump exclusively, he was overfed n thus had poo everyday. i latch my gal so she take watever she needs n not overfeed tat's why seldom poo