BB relying on my breast to slp

woofy55

Hi wooffy,

I have the baby whisperer book, but until now still struggling to put baby to sleep. just tonight I tried so hard not to put her on the breast to sleep... as always, perseverance is the key.
xtneqt: not sure if your baby will struggle. Louis will struggle very hard. If that happens, I'll carry him up and after he's calm down, i'll start shh-ing.. before and while putting him down on his side.. if still struggle.. will give him his bolster to hug, pacifier to suck and use my left hand to hold his hand and pacifier in place. Then have to use my right arm to pin his whole body down including his buttock, while my right arm start patting on his back - yes your hands and mouth gotta do it simultaneously - very busy!!! - all these was done while i was still shhh-ing. see below pic - but this pic, i've already lifted my left hand which was holding his pacifier.

These few days, when he fusses to sleep, abt 4 times so far - he actually fell asleep himself without struggle after I put him down! But sometimes he'll still struggle - but i'm happy to see some lights at the end of the tunnel.

Hope yr perserverance pays too!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
hi mummys,

My gal is 1month old and relying on my breast to sleep...
I'm afraid to introduce the pacifier to avoid nipple confusion..
Anyone knows when is the best time to introduce pacifier and baby wouldn't be confuse?

Thanks.

Mummy to Baby V

hi mummys,

My gal is 1month old and relying on my breast to sleep...
I'm afraid to introduce the pacifier to avoid nipple confusion..
Anyone knows when is the best time to introduce pacifier and baby wouldn't be confuse?

Thanks.
When your milk supply is well-established at 6-8 weeks and after 6th week growth spurt is a safe time. Try offering pacifier only for sleep if that's your concern and not when baby is awake & alert.

Some babies may suck happily on pacifier / thumb and not wake up for feed at night. If you are concerned about maintaining supply & wishes to feed, consider dream-feeding.

biscuit

xtneqt: not sure if your baby will struggle. Louis will struggle very hard. If that happens, I'll carry him up and after he's calm down, i'll start shh-ing.. before and while putting him down on his side.. if still struggle.. will give him his bolster to hug, pacifier to suck and use my left hand to hold his hand and pacifier in place. Then have to use my right arm to pin his whole body down including his buttock, while my right arm start patting on his back - yes your hands and mouth gotta do it simultaneously - very busy!!! - all these was done while i was still shhh-ing. see below pic - but this pic, i've already lifted my left hand which was holding his pacifier.

These few days, when he fusses to sleep, about 4 times so far - he actually fell asleep himself without struggle after I put him down! But sometimes he'll still struggle - but i'm happy to see some lights at the end of the tunnel.

Hope yr perserverance pays too!!!
will try this shhh technique tonight. Me also having super hard time putting my 7th week old bb to sleep. Carry him to sleep also need to keep change position untill he is ok then gotto ontinue rocking till he fall asleep. If I nurse him to sleep without burping him,sometimes the milk backflow and he will wake up cry again. This keep repeating everyday.

allycat

I used to carry baby on his side while both of us were on e bed. This is similar to wrapping him which makes him feel safe. I use yaolan for his afternoon nap. No problem so far.