Beco butterfly or Beco Gemini baby carrier?

Button

hello, has anyone used either of the above - esp the gemini from beco? it seems butterfly 2 is well mentioned in sg, but i'm wondering about the gemini becoz it allows baby to face out. feedback about butterfly 2 is welcome too. also, where to get it? the sites selling in sg mostly sold out or limited designs. thinking of buying from amazon.

Button

thank u for the review! it's really good. i think i've read it before, when i was pregnant - that introduced me to beco! and yes, my baby is high need and wants to be carried over sitting in the stroller. the only thing now is... cozy babies has sold out most of their becos. so i guess it'll be faster to get from amazon. i'll be bookmarking ur site tho! :)

Mummy to Baby V

It's good that more parents are using ergonomic carriers such as Beco nowadays. Beco's good for baby "koala bears". My hubby loves the carrier, especially during our recent Perth trip. My toddler napped in it the whole week. There was no way to bring a stroller along to outback & farm tour anyway. :)

Good luck in getting yours soon!

Button

Alas! I got a manduca instead. The Beco is out of stock in sg n it's said the same in the US. I was getting impatient and decided to suss out other soft structured carriers at baby slings and carriers since baby was getting heavier and uncomfortable to carry for long periods.

I must say I'm impressed with the Manduca and it's features. It's really quite nice looking (I got the limited edition bamboo flame) and my baby has been happy in it. :) She's fallen asleep in it whilst my husband and i have comfortably carried her.

Price wise, I'm glad I got the Manduca too coz it's got some nice features whilst being really comparable to the Beco.

i used the Ergo with my son when he was about 5 months - he was a big baby of 10kg by then. i still use it to bring him around from time to time, most recently on our trip to taiwan. he's about 15/16kg now and no problem trekking 1km to night market and then shopping for snacks etc with him in the carrier - while my husband carries the little girl who's about 9kg in our 2nd Ergo carrier :) we're very happy with Ergo and the sleeping hood feature and would recommend it to anyone. i bought my first one 2+years back for over $200 but think there is some discount on mommy's milk website and it's even cheaper than baby b'jorn now.

Last edited:

beerbelly

I love my Ergo carriers! It is super easy to breastfeed while on the go.. I would love to try the Beco, but have read many reviews, and some people have mentioned that it is not as easy to breastfeed in it compared to the ergo.

Oh... i just read that you bought the Manduca....

I have a few other carriers, like the Boba Tweet (limited edition), Sleepy Wrap Organic, Pupsik pouch, and the Ergo is still my Favourite! I bought extras, and have an Organic Black embriodered, and Organic Blue embriodered, that I am willing to let go for $170 each, including postage. Brand NEW!!!!!

I am also selling my Boba Tweet (exclusive print, not available in Singapore), for $115. It is preloved, and condition is almost brand new.

Do email me at fluffding@gmail.com for more info and photos! sorry, i cant seem to be able to post photos of my Boba here..:001_302:

nfk22

Hi,

The main difference between butterfly and gemini is that butterfly can be use for bigger baby. If I am not wrong, butterfly is till 45 lbs while gemini is 35lbs. Gemini has more ways of carrying and can allow baby to be carried front facing. Among Ergo, Beco butterfly and gemini, only gemini can be used for front facing. I chose the gemini as my curious baby needs to face the front most of the time.

I have a BNIB Beco Gemini in the latest Ginger print for sale. If interested pls email me at nfk22@singnet.com.sg

Button

Hello! Just thought I'd just follow up with my very 1st post about the Beco/Manduca thingy.

I bought a Manduca and till this day, I'm still using it! It's an absolute necessity when going out with my child alone and a great buy. I can take the bus and go places without having to lug around a stroller which my child will not sit in for long. She's now 16 months and still enjoys the Manduca too.

I've seen friends using the Ergo as well as the Beco and after comparisons, even THEY agree the Ergo and Manduca are a better purchase than the Beco in terms of function and price. The Ergo is probably the cheapest of the 3 and closest in features to the Manduca but what I like about the Manduca is that there's a zip extension for when your child gets older and taller and needs a higher back support. I've not tried the infant carrier part of the Manduca yet coz I got it when my child was about 6 months old but perhaps I will with my 2nd! :) I'm not sure if the Ergo has the infant seat.

What I didn't like about the Beco after seeing my friend's, was that the cloth supporting the child in, was only held up by buckles which clipped to the shoulder straps of the carrier. I'm really doubtful the buckles and the small section of cloth attached to the buckles can hold up if the child gets older and heavier.

The Beco was retailing at S$250 when I was looking to get one here. Same as the Manduca. It's not cheap, but after using it for so long, I still love it. :) And I'd say... it's worth every penny.

Mummy to Baby V

Hello! Just thought I'd just follow up with my very 1st post about the Beco/Manduca thingy.

I bought a Manduca and till this day, I'm still using it! It's an absolute necessity when going out with my child alone and a great buy. I can take the bus and go places without having to lug around a stroller which my child will not sit in for long. She's now 16 months and still enjoys the Manduca too.

I've seen friends using the Ergo as well as the Beco and after comparisons, even THEY agree the Ergo and Manduca are a better purchase than the Beco in terms of function and price. The Ergo is probably the cheapest of the 3 and closest in features to the Manduca but what I like about the Manduca is that there's a zip extension for when your child gets older and taller and needs a higher back support. I've not tried the infant carrier part of the Manduca yet coz I got it when my child was about 6 months old but perhaps I will with my 2nd! :) I'm not sure if the Ergo has the infant seat.

What I didn't like about the Beco after seeing my friend's, was that the cloth supporting the child in, was only held up by buckles which clipped to the shoulder straps of the carrier. I'm really doubtful the buckles and the small section of cloth attached to the buckles can hold up if the child gets older and heavier.

The Beco was retailing at S$250 when I was looking to get one here. Same as the Manduca. It's not cheap, but after using it for so long, I still love it. :) And I'd say... it's worth every penny.
It's indeed wonderful when you love the carrier you've bought! :)

As for Beco, it certainly holds up well, even for my 14+ kg boy.
In fact, I like the slim shoulder straps compared to Ergo. Ergo's shoulder straps slip off my narrow shoulders easily when I tried them, so I think they're more for wider shoulders.

SOPLONG

Hi, I am considering getting the Manduca. My bb is 5mths & weight ard 7+kg. As she very afraid of heat & I m petite (154m), do u think Manduca fits us?

Button

I'm 1.54m as well, on the slim side of 45 to 46kg. If you're bringing her to air-conditioned places, it shouldn't be a problem. I've carried my child in it outdoors as well and she hasn't complained much and is able to sleep in it. But we almost always transit to being in some air-conditioned place after being outdoors. The guy at Baby Slings and Carriers told us the original Manducas are made of hemp, are supposedly "cooler" and more breathable, whilst the limited edition ones are made of organic cotton and probably "warmer". I have a limited edition one.

SOPLONG

Thanks for d info. Just out of curiously, y do u get d limited edition? What is d price diff? Btw, how much is Manduca?