Beco butterfly or Beco Gemini baby carrier?

Button

I got my limited edition for $275. The original version cost $250. I liked the design of the limited edition that was out then and felt that since we were already paying so much, that little difference didn't matter. The Beco is also retailing at $250 when I was looking. I think the Ergo is cheaper... About $175? Not definite on this tho. All the best to getting your carrier!

kumkum01

Thanks for share useful information about Beco butterfly .The main difference between butterfly and gemini is that butterfly can be use for bigger baby. If I am not wrong, butterfly is till 45 lbs while gemini is 35lbs. Gemini has more ways of carrying and can allow baby to be carried front facing. Among Ergo, Beco butterfly and gemini, only gemini can be used for front facing. I chose the gemini as my curious baby needs to face the front most of the time.

epiphany2901

Re: Manduca vs Beco Gemini baby carrier?

Hope you enjoy using it! :) All the best!
Hi Button,

Was reading the thread & wanna ask your Opinion on the above topic. Am considering these 2 carriers for my bb. Did you test out both carriers? Which one was more comfy? Do the shoulder straps cut into your skin for the part which is non padded? Thanks.

beerbelly

Hi Button,

Was reading the thread & wanna ask your Opinion on the above topic. Am considering these 2 carriers for my bb. Did you test out both carriers? Which one was more comfy? Do the shoulder straps cut into your skin for the part which is non padded? Thanks.
Hi epiphany2901,

Why don't you try out the carriers at Square2's Baby Slings and Carriers, or Isetan Scott has the Manduca in it's baby section.

I personally would get the Manduca. It is really comfy, and versatile. But then again, different carriers are perfect for different people. These carriers (soft structured carriers) will not cut into the shoulders coz the straps are padded where it comes into contact with the body.

epiphany2901

Hi epiphany2901,

Why don't you try out the carriers at Square2's Baby Slings and Carriers, or Isetan Scott has the Manduca in it's baby section.

I personally would get the Manduca. It is really comfy, and versatile. But then again, different carriers are perfect for different people. These carriers (soft structured carriers) will not cut into the shoulders coz the straps are padded where it comes into contact with the body.
Hi Beerbelly,

Thanks for your input. Would definitely try to personally test them out, just thought I'd get some mummies' personal opinion on the slings first before investing. Although my girl's only 1.5mths but can't use the pouch for her coz each time I put her in she straightens her legs out completely! :( & she does prefer to be carried in the upright position.

Yep am aware most of it padded, coz I read some reviews on amazon & they said the padding may run to around 3/4s of your back then the rest may cut into the skin. But then again those are reviews from Caucasians so maybe coz their frame generally will be bigger than local mummies that's why the padded straps don't run down most of their backs.

Secondly, although im slightly more inclined to the manduca , my bb's of a smaller frame so was wondering if the beco might be better as they mentioned it might be suitable for smaller sized babies due to the fold in at the bottom. So any mummies have got any input, pls feel free..many thanks!!

missuscamis

I have the beco butterfly 2 . Used it for the 2nd - 3rd month. Now my son is 4 months, so I want to let go of this and try out Ergo and see if it's easier to bf as my kid is rather impatient when he is hungry.

missuscamis

My son is lean and small. I think the beco suits him and he seems comfortable in it. Always napped in it after 10 mins of wearing. It provides good support for the wearer too. Not sure about manduca though

epiphany2901

My son is lean and small. I think the beco suits him and he seems comfortable in it. Always napped in it after 10 mins of wearing. It provides good support for the wearer too. Not sure about manduca though
Hi Missuscamis,

Yeah I can empathise, my girl is also super impatient! Haha. Looking more at e Gemini than butterfly 2 coz I find the latter quite laychey although it has it's plus pts too. Appreciate your input though! :)
Is the beco harder to bf due to a non collapsable structure?? coz i think ergo & manduca are more collapsable, thus easier to manoeveur as its purely cloth?

Button

Hi, I've never used the Ergo or the Beco. Yes, you can try the Manduca at Baby Carriers and Slings (Novena), but that's the only one they carry of the 3 brands we're comparing here. The Manduca straps are very comfy and well padded. I have friends who have the Beco and the Ergo and after having seen all 3 carriers, if you asked me to buy another carrier again, I would still get the Manduca as my 1st choice. (Just my opinion)

Hi Button,

Bake spree

I found this link useful for comparing the different carriers.
http://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html
i have an ergo but just bought the beco because my daughter has not met the min weight for the ergo.. And for me to run the errands I guess it's just more easy to have Her on the carrier than the bugaboo stroller when I do my grocery shopping.

Button

There's a new carrier called Pognae from Korea. It has really nice designs and at a much lower cost of $89 to $99. It also comes with a ventilation mesh so the baby doesn't feel too hot. Saw it online recently and I must say... I like the ventilation mesh idea! :)