Bed for Confinement Nanny_Advise needed

durianfan

Hi mummies,

As I do not have an extra bed set at home, I am contemplating of getting one for the confinement lady. However, my MIL advised us not to do any assembly during my pregnancy.

Did you get a new bed set for the nanny ? When did you do the assembly ?

Thanks in advance.

i also have this problem as we didnt get extra bed last time as it was just 2 of us now with baby coming n extra bed for the confinement lady... we also need to get one..
i dont know whether to get it before as i left 50 days to EDD date.....
:embarrassed:

angiebaby

Is it alrite to let the nanny sleep on a mattress without the bed frame ? As it is my first baby, I don't know if it is polite / appropriate.
It's normal they dun need bed just mattress will do, sometime they put Bb sleep together with them so without frame is better, just get a mattress or borrow one for the month

Gumi

For my recent confinement, I let the nanny sleep on the mattress without any bedframe and a pillow together with my maid in a room.
I did informed her before hand on this arrangement and she's fine with it.
I don't think she would mind sleeping on a mattress wo a bedframe cos anyway she will only be here for 28 days. If the room got space for the bedframe then you may want to get her one and get your husband to fix it up for you?

knut29

I got a bed frame for the nanny as I need her to care for my baby at night.. and my mummy says better let them have bed frame, so that they can sleep better and work better..

durianfan

Thanks ladies for your sharing.

knut29 - My hub and me thought likewise too and yupz, we do have space in the room for the bedframe. I also need the nany to look after the baby at night hence we think that letting her sleep better is good. Did your hubby or the furniture delivery staff do the assembly?

Originally, my MIL is alright with the bedframe tingy. Then she went market and some folks told her cannot do assembly. so she came back with such a rule loh :err:Hub even had an arguement with her over this issue.

apollo

if u wanna get a bedframe and feel that you shdnt be ard when they are fixing the bed frame, u can actu leave the hse and go down for a walk when they are doing the job. usually the delivery men will do the job. Do ask the seller before ordering. Like me, that time my mum wanted to install another instant heater in her MBR so we can bath ds in her room which is much more easier. But becos I was preg and she is pretty particular on all these, so she ordered the heater b4 i give birth and request them to come over when i was in the hospital. we are able to give them the date cos mine was scheduled c-sect. for ur case, just go stay away until they finished everything will do, somemore is not in the room that u are slping in. =)

knut29

erhm sorry for the late reply.. the bed frame was from my mummy.. my father and bro assemble it during my pregnancy, and like what apollo mentioned, they assembled while i was outside of house..

August

:nah::nah::nah::nah:

Last edited: