Bedtime for Baby

Hi,

I've read that babies have early bedtime and had established a night routine to put my 3months baby to sleep by 8pm. I am just wondering when can baby start to have a later bedtime? Reason being both parents work and if baby sleeps by 8pm, only get to spend 1hr with him during weekdays :(

When baby was newborn, I was not aware babies sleep so early so always kept baby up till 10 to 11 plus, looking back I realised that was why he so tired in the day and slept so much and was sometimes listless and cranky. So now, I am not sure if I should slowly push his bedtime back...

Alisa

if u can change then good cuz my son's sleeping has been 7-8pm every since he know what is day & night... so i treasure that 1 hr with him after work, i will feed him, bath him, pat him to sleep myself.

pixie

From newborn to about 9-ish months, my girl can sleep anytime from 8:30pm onwards and still wake up the next morning around 6:30am.

Ever since my girl started on solid food, I graduallyshe adjust her eating time so that I can give her milk before she goes to bed to around 9:00pm and then give her 15-30 mins to play a bit and digest (sometimes she will split-up if she is fed too much) before I bring her to sleep. Now her bedtime can be anytime from 9:30-10:30pm. I waited until she wave good-night, rub her eyes or eyes turned red as an indication that she is ready to go to bed.

It can be done but do have a bit of patience to adjust your son's sleeping habit/pattern.

cn naz

My 4 month old baby would sleep at 10pm-8-ish-am. Just establish a habit, like turning on the night light, turn off the big light in her room and keep the noise level down so she knows it's night time and she will sleep longer. I have tried to make her sleep at 8pm, but she refused to do so and kept on waking up. 10pm is her choice =D

chery wong

My baby sleeps between 8pm to 10pm. I am flexible on the timing. Sometimes the dad comes back late and plays with her. So I just let it be lar.