Before the big push

lemontee

I'm looking for this enema and didn't know that we can actually buy it from pharmacy.

Coz i'm thinking of clearing my bowels completely before going for pap smear next week.

allycat

I'm looking for this enema and didn't know that we can actually buy it from pharmacy.

Coz i'm thinking of clearing my bowels completely before going for pap smear next week.
Ermm, why do you need to clear your bowel before a pap smear. Dont remember the clinic nurse asking me to do that...

lemontee

Ermm, why do you need to clear your bowel before a pap smear. Dont remember the clinic nurse asking me to do that...
Because there is also a rectum check, inserting into vagina and rectum to check for any lumps. So i was thinking to flush out my bowels so that there is less embarassment. Imagine if there are still stools in the rectum, may "block" the way haha.

Verona's

Actually before they insect the liquid i already feel like going to toilet , once they insect i rushed there hahah ! I was going for induction early in the morning ;) After c-sect 10 days nv go toilet , until body over heat fever & sick during confinement alamak ..

pinksnow8

One very important thing...After the nurse inserted the enema, try to control for at least 5 mins before going toilet, like this can clear bowels more completely.

angelia286

Eh I was also not given this miracle liquid!

Lol.. reading through the post, I sure wished that I was given it during my labour! Because I was constipated for about 3 weeks after birth, and too afraid to try to pass motion. Blah

temari

Hi mummies, before we do the big push, we will be given some sort of liquid to pass motion right. Just wondering is that liquid effective and how long does it take effect? Coz i have constipation all the time since pregnant so i'm afraid what if i still can't go toilet after taking the liquid.
i also always constipation before and during pregnancy.

when nurse inject the liquid, i immediately feel want to pass motion and go toilet for quite long. i feel the liquid and the motion flushing down when i sit in the toilet bowl,stomach feel ike pooing like that. i sit till i feel there is no more to flush already.

sassandspice

You can ask the doctor to have an enema as it isn't too much trouble for them. Also, it will also prevent you doing a number 2 while you are pushing the baby out! :shyxxx: