Begging S&S stamps outside Shop & Save stores??

Angelmum

Jus saw the repeat telecast of 前线追踪 re: aunties waiting outside some S&S stores (housing estate) to ask (beg is the word some viewers commented) for stamps - collect 12pcs for a $9 cash voucher.

There was 1 aunty who really looked needy. She stays in 5rm flat but HDB taking away her hse soon cos she & son failed to pay up. Her hse no stove nor kitchen sink and she in poor health.

It was indicated some days about 10 aunties would be ready to cheong fwd to ppl loaded with shopping bags. Some aunties even quarrelled ..... u encountered any at yr nearest S&S? Would u giveaway yours to anybody who asked for it?

I encountered few yrs back at Westmall. Think not so bad at shopping ctr.

joeichen

Actually last time only got 2 aunties standing thr.
1 fat 1 n 1 skinny 1.
the fat aunty was quite rude so alot of ppl will give to the skinny 1, only recently a few others join in th "begging" team.
Most I will give them the stickers coz I dun really need it.
Like the situation, it happen almost everywhr so we can only do our part.
Showing all these progame duno can help anot coz too many liao so very hard to help everyone.

Angelmum

Actually last time only got 2 aunties standing thr.
1 fat 1 n 1 skinny 1.
economy no gd! Viewer commented stand outside S&S better than go do hardwork collect carton box. Guess that's why so many ppl 'waiting for preys' ....

I rather S&S set up a 'coin box' kind of collection pt so shoppers who dont need stamp can donate. Then S&S accumate the stamps and convert to cash donation or pkt rice donation.