Beware! iphone users and credit card holders!

STmummy

Want to warn everyone out there when providing credit card information online.

Just 2 weeks ago when I was about to download apps using my iphone, I was informed to update my credit card information as the previous one provided was expiring. Did it and received an sms stating that USD1 will be charged. A week later, I received a call from UOB credit card center asking if I did any transaction the night before as my credit card was charged USD1. Informed the officer that the transaction should be for that update I did, but it was a week ago.

Last night at 1130pm, I received an sms banking alert stating that my credit card was charged SGD2,900/-. I was shocked as during that time I was sitting in my living room watching TV! called UOB customer service, and cancelled my card. was informed the transaction was for apple online transaction.

Simply shock that using iphone apps update can result in such fraud for my credit card.

Everyone Beware!

Me too. I was charged on many occasions resulting to $112 nw. Mine was debit card. First statement abt $15 so i tout it was the kids who played with my phone. But in order to pur they need my itunes pw.. Then last mth i received another statement whch again had many transactions from itunes under lu Xembuorg. This time im sure not the kids cos i do not allowed them to touch my phone and i sign out from store all the time. I write in to apple and the say cant help me. Ask me to go to the bank. Jus went to the bank and now waiting for their reply.

STmummy

Me too. I was charged on many occasions resulting to $112 nw. Mine was debit card. First statement abt $15 so i tout it was the kids who played with my phone. But in order to pur they need my itunes pw.. Then last mth i received another statement whch again had many transactions from itunes under lu Xembuorg. This time im sure not the kids cos i do not allowed them to touch my phone and i sign out from store all the time. I write in to apple and the say cant help me. Ask me to go to the bank. Jus went to the bank and now waiting for their reply.
Seriously wondering why the iTunes or the apps so insecure?! My friend told me she also experienced fraud case for her credit card and also apple online store.
Thank God I called apple's customer service and they stop the transaction. Told me to file a police report.
Went to police center at 845pm and saw around 6 people waiting infront of me. 2 counters are occupied. Waited another 15 mins, still the same 2 cases at the counters. Left to take a walk, came back to check another 15 mins later, the police still on the same cases. Omg!
So 'efficient'!

gumbokins

STmummy> Can I ask if your iPhone is jailbroken?

Princess Kitty> my app purchases are usually billed as iTunes luxemborg as well..

My phone was not jailbreak... Anyway for security, do not input ur credit info into the iphone anymore. Under credit info, put nil. It will still allow u to download free apps. As for the charges from luxembor, i goggle search, sone saynis a verification from apple and it cost usd$0.99. But i have charges as high as usd$18.9.

carolchng

I was reading about this thread last night and this morning 7am, i received sms from uob that i had a transaction of $1258 on my UOB card. So i called uob immediately and told them to block this transaction and cancel my card. Uob told me this transaction is purchase at apple store by paypal.Called Apple and they told me they can't do anything if i don't have the bank statement. I reply them, by the time i receive my bank statement and call them, my money already gone!! I have already made a police report for recording purpose.

STmummy

OMG! Did you call apple customer service to inform them to stop the transaction?

Seems like this is getting more frequent.
I have yet to make a report.

carolchng

Apple can't do anything unless i got bank statement. Uob told me to call them back if my statement for next month show this amount of transaction and they will file a dispute for me. 1 thing for sure, my apple account doesn't have any credit card details.

gumbokins

Apple can't do anything unless i got bank statement. Uob told me to call them back if my statement for next month show this amount of transaction and they will file a dispute for me. 1 thing for sure, my apple account doesn't have any credit card details.
Carol, you can check your statement online?

There is no email send to me.. Previously i bought few apps and i will receive email notification. But all these unknown charges are not send to my email. I ask apple to tell me wat is the apps and details, they refused. Ask me go bank and get the bank to liase with them

carolchng

when i check my internet banking, my card have already been cancelled by uob, hence i could not check the specific detail on what are the items hv been purchase with my card.