bf-my milk supply?

i need to help him adjust his lower lip a bit such that it covers the colored area. i only can do that after i pump, otherwise my milk flow will be too strong for him. haha!

actually i pumped all the way. until my friend told me that she has been breastfeeding for 1 yr plus, both pumping and latching because she like the closeness. then it made me remember the closeness i felt with him. so these few days i let my son latch a bit. haha!
how do u feed him when u r out? do u bring e EBM in a chiller bag?

Edwinie

if we are going out for a walk (e.g. shopping centres, visit to clinic, meals), i'll just warm up 1 feed and put in an insulator bag. Such trips are usually 3-4 hours only.

if we are going to my parents' home or anyone's home (since it's cny and there's a lot of visiting), i'll bring a chilled bottle (or 2, depending on how long we are out) to warm at their homes.

if we are going out for a walk (e.g. shopping centres, visit to clinic, meals), i'll just warm up 1 feed and put in an insulator bag. Such trips are usually 3-4 hours only.

if we are going to my parents' home or anyone's home (since it's cny and there's a lot of visiting), i'll bring a chilled bottle (or 2, depending on how long we are out) to warm at their homes.
sorry, Wats an insulator bag? its to keep e milk warm? where can i buy? for chilled bottles of EBM, u put in those bags which mommy brings to work to pump?

Edwinie

mine came with my breast pump from AVENT. my AVENT diaper bag also has an insulator pouch. if it's to keep milk warm, i place an additional bottle of hot water inside the compartment to keep the whole area warm. if i want it chill, i put ice pack to make the whole area cold.

today went to see e lactation consultant, thank goodness my baby still can suckle fro my short nipples, so happy! she reassured me tat i hv got enough milk. come home manage to do it quite well :) now waiting for my baby to wake up to feed her, yippie! hopefully can go on smoothly.

I really swear by green papaya and fish(spare ribs) soup! It really works. I had mastitis on 4th month and milk supply was greatly reduced. I used to express about 310ml(record for me) for both breasts. After the mastitis, only less than 150ml both breasts. Then, due to infrequent expressing, my milk supply dwindled until I had used up the last of my stored EBM.

I quickly bought Fenugreek and start to cook green papaya and spare ribs(cos I dun like the fishy taste). I took fenugreek daily and try to drink the soup at least 3 times a week. And milk supply increased. Now I still cook the soup regularly.