bfeeding and trying to conceive a boy, is it possible

decoco

hi mummies,

just wondering if it's possible to try to conceive while breastfeeding and this time for a boy, which is to try to have sex on the ovulation day to increase the chance of a boy.

while ttc my first baby, i actually did chart my temp and it really worked for me. although i only chart a month and i got preg. But now with bfeeding, menses not really return full force (only got on menses 1 month after labour) and not anymore now in 3 months, plus waking up at night makes the body temp difficult to measure - as for charting to be reliable, need to be asleep for more than 4 hours. so was wondering if any of your mummies also trying to conceive while bfeeding and planning for a specific gender since it's a 2nd child.

perhaps using a OPK can work? but with no menses at all, when do i know if i'm even ovulating? I don't want to end my bfeed so early... hoping that both bfeeding and TTC can proceed at the same time. Tall order?

reginaluxp

hi mummies,

just wondering if it's possible to try to conceive while breastfeeding and this time for a boy, which is to try to have sex on the ovulation day to increase the chance of a boy.

while trying to concieve my first baby, i actually did chart my temp and it really worked for me. although i only chart a month and i got preg. But now with bfeeding, menses not really return full force (only got on menses 1 month after labour) and not anymore now in 3 months, plus waking up at night makes the body temp difficult to measure - as for charting to be reliable, need to be asleep for more than 4 hours. so was wondering if any of your mummies also trying to conceive while bfeeding and planning for a specific gender since it's a 2nd child.

perhaps using a OPK can work? but with no menses at all, when do i know if i'm even ovulating? I dont't want to end my bfeed so early... hoping that both bfeeding and trying to concieve can proceed at the same time. Tall order?
hihi, yes it is possible to conceive a boy when you are still breastfeeding.
I am expecting my 2nd boy when i was still breastfeeding my 1st boy at 7 mths. I didn't take any temperature measurement. Just by chance conceive.. :)

decoco

Hi reginaluxp, did your menses return before u got preg again at 7th month while still breastfeeding?

reginaluxp

hihi, yes yes i had my menses even though i am still breastfeeding. Actually, it all depends, some people dont have menses when breastfeeding, but it is still possible to get pregnant. i had my menses throughout my breastfeeding till i conceive my 2nd boy.

definitely possibly to conceive while still breastfeeding. but how old is your no 1? pregnancy can cause milk supply to drop quite a lot (sign that the body is coping with the pregnancy) so if you don't intend to switch to formula, might be better to wait till baby is well on semi-solids and getting nutrients from alternative sources.

my son was 10 months old when i conceived. menses resumed to a more regular state only when i cut back on night feeds - he was totally weaned off night feeds only about 12-13 months. but as to whether you would end up with a boy, it's really anybody's guess!