Bfeeding & pumping schedule at night? Sleep or pump?

decoco

Hi mummies,

Have got questions regarding bfeeding and pumping at night. My baby is starting to sleep longer at night. Like a stretch of 4-6 hours. And being a tired new mummy, I fall into deep sleep very fast. And when baby dont wake me up, I definitely will want enjoy the sleep I deserved. But, on the other hand, I worry about my supply dropping. On a few nights I will wake up 3.5 hourly to pump and 1.5 hr later baby wakes up so I feed again. Its no problem with milk supply in this case but I'm exhausted if I do this every night.

So some nights I got lazy and sleep through with baby and feed her at 5-6 hour on one side than pump the other breast and can normally yield about 140-150ml. Which I think is not alot for a 6 hour gap.

So qns is, will my supply drop if I Sleep through with baby? Or mybody will read that i need 150ml per breast every 5-6 hour at night so maintain as that supply? How do you mummies
cope with the night feeds? Can share with me your night feed schedules and supply if pumping?

Oh and one last qn, how fast does our body react to a missed pump? If say I try one night sleep through the night with baby for 6 hour without pumping or latching, does it mean my body react immediately the next day and that if I wake up to pump at 3 hour my supply will drop already?

joeybeadz

For my case, i will wake up when I felt full automatically or just before baby woke up.
Like u said, I was too tired to pump out. But there were times when I just have to pump out as the milk was dripping.

I tried to pump or latch every 3-4 hours to stimulate my body. The best part was after you finished breastfeeding, you can doze off immediately. What I did was, I lied down and fed her. I can continue sleeping. ;)