Big baby at 35 weeks...doc advise to induce, anyone share the same experience??

muimui76

Hi everyone,

:shyxxx:I am a newbie here. Just went for my 35th wk checkup today.
Gynae advise to induce as my baby is at 3.2 kg now. Hope to go for natural too. Anyone share the same issue??:nah:

lekdao

Hi everyone,

:shyxxx:I am a newbie here. Just went for my 35th wk checkup today.
Gynae advise to induce as my baby is at 3.2 kg now. Hope to go for natural too. Anyone share the same issue??:nah:
Why gynae advised u to induce, coz baby is big? I think 3.2kgs is still okie, just watch on your food intake.
If not u can wait for another week till baby is 36 weeks full term then induce.

muimui76

Why gynae advised you to induce, coz baby is big? I think 3.2kgs is still okie, just watch on your food intake.
If not you can wait for another week till baby is 36 weeks full term then induce.

but gynae said that the ideal weight is 3kg. i thot full term is 37 wks?:err:

chiro

gynae does have a point also,could it be tat your weight did not increase while your baby weight increases? cos if baby gets bigger and heavier and you did not, it is dangerous for both of you as your waterbag is very packed.since technology is very advanced,its better to get baby out early and be constantly monitored by team of medical professionals.maybe you want to seek second opinion and decide?gynaes are more cautious nowadays and they have our best interests at heart :)

chiro

tat time my gynae estimated baby weight to be about 3kg and turn out tat his birth weight was 3.74kg.i have to be induced at 38.5 weeks as my weight did not increase while my son's weight did increase.after induced 3 times i had a c section.my gynae was very kind, he helped me to book operating theatre just before he induce me for 3rd time.

lekdao

Full term is 36 weeks. 1st pregnancy gave birth at 39+ weeks and weighs 3.26gs. 2nd pregnancy weighs 3.13kgs at 38+ weeks. No problem with the delivery.

muimui76

that time my gynae estimated baby weight to be about 3kg and turn out that his birth weight was 3.74kg.i have to be induced at 38.5 weeks as my weight did not increase while my son's weight did increase.after induced 3 times i had a c section.my gynae was very kind, he helped me to book operating theatre just before he induce me for 3rd time.
your baby is big.:red:.as for me, both our weight had increased. I tried not to take heavy meals and sweet stuff cos worried that baby might get too big. do you use prostin for induce or on drip. Btw, my edd is suppose to be 21 sept.

chiro

i used prostin to induce.my son got big head @36 cm and long body @56cm too.actually its at this time tat your baby grew exponentially.by the way, estimation of weight might be inaccurate as they measured the circumference of the baby tummy