Birds nest really gd for both mummy and baby?

pinkytham

hmm dunno whether issit true
but i ate quite frequently during my pregnancy
than my princess now skin very fair and smooth =D
i gt mine frm yu ren shen =D

Hi hi everyone! I'm a new member :Dancing_tongue:
May i knw ..are bird nest reali good for mom and baby? which brand is best?

used to drink those home brewed ones until it was too troubesome to make everyday. imagine going thro all the trouble just for a little bit of birdnest.

switched to the bottled ones by nestural when my friend gave it to me. and i have been drinking it since. convenient and tasty. drank a bottle once every few days. like one week drink around 2 bottles?

my baby boy has really smooth and fair skin. :shyxxx: not sure is it because of the bird nests i have been drinking during the pregnancy. he dont have asthma either.

like what i believe. everything in moderation. heehee.

sassylady

i didnt notice whether my bb has smooth skin or not until now. but i think it's natural for bb to have naturally smooth skin.

but well, maybe it was the bird nests i drank during my pregnancy. made my bb's skin extra smooth. hehehehe.

and i got mine from either nestural or home brewed. :wong19:

i was at the chinese doctor today getting some herbs to make herbal tea and i asked if birds nest can be taken during pregnancy.

he told me that birds nest can be taken during pregnancy but in moderation. so i think we can assure that it's safe to take birds nest during pregnancy.

am still taking birds nest now. mine are from nestural as its tasty and has no sugar added. but like what i believe in, moderation is the key to a healthy lifestyle.

evelyngan

Hi everyone, new member here :)

I think that most of the belief in bird nest is mainly based on beliefs passed on from past generations as no actual research has really proven its specific benefits. I did some research about it as I run an online store selling pure Sarawak cave bird nest. You can find me at www.facebook.com/silverglobebirdnest

I would like to contribute some things that I have learnt when doing some research about bird nest. Basically, I think that bird nest helps in our health and well being due to the composition of the bird nest itself.

According to research, bird nest contains about 53.26% protein (Su et al 1998). In addition, bird nest contains all the eighteen types of amino acid needed by the human body for growth and tissue reparation.

Bird nest also has high content of glycoprotein. According to Kong et al (1986), the protein is recognised to improve immune functions.

Bird nest is also suitable for vegetarians. In fact it provides two types of amino acid which are lysine and tryptophan,that are usually not found in plant proteins.

In a more recent study by Guo et al (2006), edible bird nest is suggested to be a safe natural source in prevention of influenza viruses
That's all from me for now.. :)

Last edited:
Hi there,
We offer premium and edible bird's nest from Indonesia at an affordable price to you.
With 20 over years of experience in supplying to various countries including US, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore, we now would like to bring our products closer to our end customers at an affordable price.

We have a guaranteed quality for our products of free from chemical or other harmful substances. We have supplied various well-known companies across Singapore and now would like to bring our products to our customers.

All our products are readily available in Singapore. Do visit our Facebook page below.
Our minimum order quantity is 100g and I will be more than willing to show our product. Do contact me at 82304337, Dedi Setiawan. In terms of pricing, we can guarantee that we can give you the best price for a premium quality product since no middle man is involved here. Many thanks

Bird's nest station - Info | Facebook

Silky Birdnest

Dear mommies,

if you are interested in getting dried and clean birdnest, you can contact me. We are doing small business in selling edible birdnest from Malaysia. The birdnest is from our relative who own the birdnest farms in Malaysia.

The birdnest has been tested by Singapore AVA, so rest assure that you are paying for the highest quality. Also, our price is affordable as we want everyone to enjoy the benefit of birdnest. According to most of our customers, our price is half compared to large tcm with better quality whereby it can expand up to 9 times.

We understand that you might have concerns since we are not TCM offering the brand name guarantee, so we do have money back guarantee and testing pack (you can buy 1 cupped nest for testing, no minimum order required) to offer a peace of mind to everyone. Feel free to contact me (enquiry@silkybirdnest.com or 90263064) if you are interested, and we will bring our birdnest to your door steps for viewing, without any obligation from you to buy it from us.

Silkybirdnest

Mookie

Re: Bird nest really gd for both mummy and baby?

Hi All,

This is what i know.

Bird’s nest is an excellent source of calcium. It helps to strengthen lungs and liver and improves metabolism. Bird’s nest not only benefits the pregnant mothers but their babies too. It is believed that pregnant mothers who consume bird’s nest frequently would have babies with fine and smooth complexion. Birds nest can also stimulate the growth of the infant’s brain.

There are more information on this website =) Health Benefits | Seven Stars Birds Nest

DorothyTeoh

Re: Bird nest really gd for both mummy and baby?

Hi everyone!

So far, I've seen bird's nest from Fu Hua, Yu Ren Sheng and random Malaysia brand and even Brand's. I'm not a chinese tonic person, but lately my in-laws have been pushing for me and my girl to start taking bird's nest. So I don't really know which brand to start with. And because it's bird's nest, i don't want to end up spending a lot of money on some lousy brand.

My friend sent me this link: 41% off Fully Concentrated, Healthy Premium Bird's Nest! $47 for a 150ml Bottled Premium Quality Bird's Nest (less sugar) by Shen Yan Zhuang (Worth $79.50).
and I was wondering if anyone knows more about this brand. My friends were all praise for this brand and how concentrated and famous the brand is. Really tempted due to the price and the opinions so far.

I'll like to know more though. Can any bird's nest enthusiasts advise?

Addee

Wow you ladies take so much bird nest. My Chinese Physician told me 1st trimester cannot take. From 17 weeks, take once a month is enough. He said take more also not much effect why waste money. Week 32 onwards can take more often like once a week.