Birthday parties

mommsie101

Hi mommies,

i'm thinking of throwing a party for my kid. :) Do you guys have a habit of engaging a birthday party organiser to do it for your kids? I'm thinking of engaging one of it...

Enangel

Hihi..

when is the birthday party? U gonna plan early... I did all the planning myself.. now waiting for my party supplies to arrive and the day itself. Unless u are a full time working mummy, getting a party planner would be good, the price also " very good". I rather use that money to get more party favours or whatever for the kids.....

hihi, i also ever thought of engaging a birthday party organiser for my boy's 1st birthday party which is next month. I am a full time working mummy but I rejected that thought. Cos besides savings like Enangel mentioned, I prefer to be fully involved in organising and preparing for my boy's birthday party. I felt exciting and real fun!!!

Any ideas where to get party favours? I am looking out for my friends' kids.

Enangel

ya! its specially fun to go hunting for the deco and favors for the theme of the party! thou my hubbie say no use cause baby wont remember at 1 year old...LOL. You try online party city, if u import yourself should be cheaper than retail prices. plus they got lots of selection, and lots of theme... dont ship items that are bulky in weight then should be fine... I also do my party shopping there. for local ones try this : HSEN GLOBAL PTE LTD - Party Pack, Goody Bag 7 items for $1 only! this is the cheapest i think... im going to rent a helium tank from this store too.....:001_302:

Thanks for your sharing Enangel!! Let's enjoy the thrill to prepare for our kid's birthday party. In case you need balloon deco, you can contact Balloons n Kids. She is very responsive and gives pretty fast responses.

hello all... will b holding my girl's first bdae celebration is month end... any nice bdae cake shop to recommend??TIA:001_302::001_302:

Mike Daddy

I know a freelance party planner, been doing for years, very good with kids of all ages. Will work around your budget. PM me if you need thanks!

Haffilicious

Hello!

Just to get everyone's thoughts, do you put additional gifts into the party packs for the invited kids?? Thinking that I should add in a few more in addition to the party favours (the 7 items for 1 dollar kind - whistles, masks etc)

Have seen the usual Dora / Cars notepads stationary etc...but wondering what are some more unique ideas that can be given to the other kids.

Also, if I may ask, what would your budget be for each of this Gift Pack?
Tks!

Enangel

hmmm...budget...at first i was intending to stick to like $5 per child. I got the party pack jungle buddies animals from partycity and other favors which cost about $4 each child...and getting party goodies bag like those recycle bag with animal prints which cost $1.50 each... then i thought, hey those helium balloon cost is not cheap and not special too...so i import 50pcs of walking animals balloon and intend to rent a helium tank $3-$3.50 per balloon...it much cheaper than buying in sg $4.50..then i thought this is cute...that is cute.....impulse to buy more and more and do more and more stuff! gonna stop myself and curb my urges to buy more of that cute party favours and stuff... :wong19:

Enangel

By the way,i have finger puppets for sale that can be used as party favors...check out my link below(under pretend play)... PM me if you want a bulk dicount....

sorry for the late reply. I ordered their Maxi 2 tier cakes with handed moulded Lightning Mcqueen on top. Costs me $280. In the end I decided not to get cupcakes. Cos my guest turnout rate seems low. I will probably pay the hotel for plating charges lor. :(

mommsie101

sorry for the late reply. I ordered their Maxi 2 tier cakes with handed moulded Lightning Mcqueen on top. Costs me $280. In the end I decided not to get cupcakes. Cos my guest turnout rate seems low. I will probably pay the hotel for plating charges lor. :(
oh dear... where did you get your cake from? $280 is expensive isn't it ! normal customised cakes probably will cost only $150

mommsie101

btw, do you know of anywhere to get cheap and cute cupcakes for the children? think it'll be qt cool to have cupcakes for birthdays instead of getting a cake.

oh dear... where did you get your cake from? $280 is expensive isn't it ! normal customised cakes probably will cost only $150
Oh is it? OMG, kanna chopped liao. I was searching around online n saw only few good ones. It's fondant type about 3.5kg for 50 pple. I got it from cupcakedivinity.

I think u can try Cakestory at Jelly Cheesecake Agar Agar Cup Cake based in Singapore. I order cupcakes from her before on my hb's birthday and it's nice.

smallsmallhand

bubbleblue, don't be too upset...i just ordered a cake for my son and it's $380 including delivery...also a fondant cake...2 flavours...for 50 pax. baker said it will weigh 10-12kg in total.

zenmoonflower

No point hiring a party planner for a first birthday party. The things they do are more suitable for older kids.

I organised my son's first birthday party.

I held it at home so he would be more comfortable.
I rented a large inflatable pool (ball pit with 1000 balls) + slide and a kids' table + 10 chairs from The Toy Rental Club.
I went to Tanglin Mall to buy pirate-themed party hats, blowers, paper plates, paper cups and serviettes.
I invited a few families only - 3, but only 2 turned up cos one was sick. One family has 2 sons (one just a mth younger than my boy) and the other has 1 son, 3 months older than mine.
I got some recipes online to bake a sugar-free cake and make some party foods.

It was a success! Small and manageable, kid-oriented, and the kids and adults enjoyed themselves. We all enjoyed ourselves!

Last edited: