bleeding in week 4

garlic bread

Hi, I'm currently in my 4th week pregnancy. But I'm bleeding , saw a gynae ytd, injected me with progesterone. On medication folic acid and letter "d" tablets. Can't rem the name.
May I know for those who got the same symptom as me, how long it takes to stop the bleeding after injection and pills?
I'm very worried.

joycetan

Hi, I bled when I was 9 weeks. Similar to you, was given a jab. Mine stopped a few hrs later but wasnt totally cleared till the day after. I was told to double my dosage of the "d" tablets. Hope it helps. Dont worry, u need to stay happy.

Hi, I discovered bleeding when I was in my 5th week. Went to my gynae and was jab with pregosterone for 3 months.
Was prescribed with duphaston tablets to support pregnancy. My bleeding stop immediately after the first injection. However my bleeding is more like brown discharge, not fresh blood, my gynae said it's implantation bleeding.

Dirtygate

I think your gynae gave you duphaston. I had it before when I was bleeding at 3 weeks and it's very effective. I wasn't planning to have it but my gynae told me it's a must if I want to come to full term. So don't worry too much, your gynae is doing the right thing.

ast0212

Most likely implantation spotting. I had that with both pregnancies.. 1st one was about a day.. 2nd one lasted a week. My doctor doesn't give meds or jabs...I don't think they do that much in Australia. She just sent me for a series of blood tests for 2nd one to make sure hcg continued to rise.

As long as you continue to feel nausea or other pregnancy symptoms you'll be fine :)

I had the same problem. I asked my gync about the reason. She told that you have cervical infection. She gave some medicine. Now i am fine. bleeding during early pregnancy may be bcz of implantation bleeding, breakthrough bleeding and vaginal infection. Some times it may be a sign of ectopic pregnancy. I googled this and found all other possible causes for vaginal bleeding in early pregnancy. Here you can find more 22 Causes of Vaginal Bleeding During Pregnancy

Sharon Ang

Hi mummies,
I just went to see my gynae I m at my 5th week. Did'nt know I was preg as I m 4 days late then 5 day got spotting . Then a day later mild bleeding starts so I thought was my period. Had s bad cramp on the 2nd day of bleeding went to see gp who gave me muscle relaxer n pain killer but next day bad cramp at Lowe abdominal when BK to gp. Who then took my blood for test then found out I was pregnant. Due to low hcg thus my gynae gave me hormone jab n pills. Must take till week 12.

Cp2012

Hi ladies,

i I just found out that I'm pregnant over the weekend. Headed over to the gynae this morn and reported bleeding. But I realized that the dark brown blood doesnt flow, it's just in there. TMI, really sorry. Was prescribed zenolin, the d tablet & a painful jab. Doc says 50% chance of having the pregnancy journey. I'm really afraid now and I haven't dared to step out of the bed since. Any advise?

Sunny Star

Hi Cp2012,

I experienced bleeding in my 5th week. It was quite scary cos' the blood was bright red. Went to A&E here they ran tests and everything but didn't give me any medication, just told me to rest. Following week when I saw the gynae she said brownish blood meant that it was old blood so I hope you were not too stressed out over that! I am nearing my second trimester already! Hope your pregnancy journey has been fine too. Just rest plenty and stay happy!

Cheers!