bleeding often

karoru

hi mummies, want to seek your advises... i have been bleeding or spotting since i find out that i am pregnant (less than a mth pregnant)... since then i was admitted to kk and was discharged shortly... bleeding have stop but it came back again after one week.... do you experience the same thing? doc said it might be abnormal pregnancy or miscarriage? :embarrassed:

ZombieMum

Hi there, I think in my opinion, bleeding frequently is not a good sign and symptom. I don't hv experience on myself tho, but hv friends experienced it. 1 friend is from Malaysia, she was bleeding also somewhere in her early pregnancy (abt 5 or 6 weeks if I don't remember wrongly). Her gynae gave her hormonal injections and prescribed to increase the dosage of acid folic. Another friend is in Singpore, also seek medical advice from KK. She was prescribed iron tablets. None of them encountered miscarriage or abnormal pregnancies tho.

Ur gyane whom u've been seeing should hv monitored thoroughly and tell u what's wrong. U should go back again and let them check on u thorougly. Hope everything goes well with u!

MsKoh1973

I got bleeding & spotting somewhere in end dec, when to KKH AnE, they give me a jap, medicine and was on MC one week, on 13.01.09, when I did a detail scan, was told that the bb was abnormal, did an abortion on 14.01.09.

I never have spoting or bleeding when I have my first gal in 2005, but according to my sis who had 2 gals, she had spotting for her second one, but after they give her some medicine it stopped and nothing happen after that.

Think having spoting may not mean that the bb is abnormal, but no harm keeping close monitor. Take good care of yourself.

karoru

thanks, mummies.... my next appointment will be next tue... let hope everything is fine and baby is growing... i was given 28 days mc though... but don think i will used up coz co might not be happy... din know that will encounter so many probs even before getting into second trimester... let see what my gyne said next tue...

Anaqi

hi mummies, want to seek your advises... i have been bleeding or spotting since i find out that i am pregnant (less than a mth pregnant)... since then i was admitted to kk and was discharged shortly... bleeding have stop but it came back again after one week.... do you experience the same thing? doc said it might be abnormal pregnancy or miscarriage? :embarrassed:
i had spotting Xperience during my pregnancy. when i had spotting during my 1st & 2nd trimester, gynae said it was ok. he did scan & said baby was ok. when i was pregnant for 33wks, i had bleeding & was admitted to hospital. gynae said ther wasnt any dilation or sign of labour bt he gave me medicine so that if i were to deliver at that time, my baby's lungs r ok. my baby's heart beat was closely monitored & my placenta was checked. everything was fine. there was no bleeding after 1 day in hospital so i was discharged. i was given 1 week of MC and rested at home. after that, i still went to work til the day i gave birth. i safely delivered to a healthy baby at 37wk.

my advise is don wori too much. eat & rest well. follow doc's advise...

karoru

seems like most of you are only given 1 weeks mc but i am given 28 days mc... hope it is not because my condition is more serious... even the nurse is surprised that i was given so many days mc

Anaqi

my gynae once told me that he used to have patient who bleed almost every mth. like menses. but she was ok & delivered to a healthy baby.
my colleague had bleeding during her 1st trimester, was on MC for almost 2 wks. finally, she gave birth safely.
but not to scare u...abt 3 years ago, my another colleague had bleeding during her 1st trimester. she gave birth prematuredly. though she spent alot for hospital bills, now she's a happy mom coz her girl is healthy.
the thing is different ppl Xperience differently. like i mentioned earlier, don wori or stressed up too much. i'll pray hard that everything goes smoothly for u...

hi there!

hope you are coping well... may i ask if ur bleeding is fresh blood?

recently i have experienced brownish discharge... so same thing, I went KKH.

I was 33 weeks preg, so there was worry about pre term labour. Similarly, I was given a jab to ensure baby has strong lungs if he decided to come out. Then one night observation, no more signs of early labor. discharged with 14 days MC...with followup appointment to gynae.

After seeing gynae, thought all was well, gynae also proudly said "bb is 35 weeks, if he wants to come, let him be. we will not stop him. 35 weeks is safe, though early, plus we have given the jab"... wah lao
next day, kena brown spots again.

tis time round, got clarification, brown spots is happening in some cases, but need to self-monitor... and decide if its emergency to report to KKH. afterall is our own decision to rush there right? false alarms or not, up to u to decide.

but if it is fresh blood, there is much to worry.

personally, i think since u are given MC..and its from the hospital, not ur friendly neighborhood doctor, u shld regard the MC seriously. I know your company /boss will be unhappy, but no one will take responsibility.
U are covered with MC, u still want to come to work, u faint, ur problem...right?

so please, take good care of urself. do keep us updated.

Also, share ur experience... i want to know also...is the brown spot a common case? or what u guys have mentioned is more like fresh blood spotting?

MsKoh1973

My was brown blood at first, when I went AnE @ kkh, after doc insert something to chx me, he say not to worry unless fresh blood, then I went toilet and there is fresh blood. So doc give me one week MC.

Hi Karoru, you mentioned that you got one month MC, which hosp you go to? AnE or your own gyn give u the MC?

karoru

anaqi, thanks for ya prayer...

obscurestloh, i only experience fresh blood once, the rest of the time are in brownish dark

MsKoh1973, i went to kk 24 hours women clinic and was admitted to wards... i was given 28 days MCs by the doc in charge when i was discharged... that time i don have a fixed gyne yet...

my checkup is tommorrow morning... will keeps you mummies updated... hope there is good news...

this morning , i exp the brownish discharge again, then for the rest of the day nothing. So i figured must be one of those days... i guess gynae was right, some of us do experience the brownish discharge way early before actual labour...

at the Triage, (checkup outside labour ward)...the gynae did a check and showed me a tiny thread of red blood, that is why I was hosp...she thought it could be the "show" or some infection...but after running lab tests and all that, all is well (phew).

I think my opinion remains, if you are given the MC, please rest. Now BB is more important!

M&M

hi karoru. u mentioned that u r in yr first trimester. first trimester is the most important n risky trimester. so in my opinion, you should follow yr gynae's advise. more bed-rest.
i agree with obsurestloh, bb is more important. hope everything goes well for u n yr bb.

i am still at home "monitoring' the condition...and i have realised that if i were to move around more often, the brown spotting will come...

like yest, i went back to office to clear some things, and i went to do grocery shopping...by evening the brown spotting came back..and it didnt go away till few hours later when i really "confine" myself to the bed , not sitting up right, just lie or at least sit at a more relaxedx position...

so this morning, the spotting ceased...

please do take good care of urself ok!

karoru

i went for checkup this morning and gyne said that it is fine if bleeding does not increase till i got to use pad or if it is fresh blood, then i will need to go back to kk immediately... i did my first tummy scan today and saw my baby's heartbeat on the machine... my first reaction was "oh!! wow!!"... i just feel amazing that a new life is in my little tummy now...

thanks mummies for all your conerns...!!!

veronica

i went for checkup this morning and gyne said that it is fine if bleeding does not increase till i got to use pad or if it is fresh blood, then i will need to go back to kk immediately... i did my first tummy scan today and saw my baby's heartbeat on the machine... my first reaction was "oh!! wow!!"... i just feel amazing that a new life is in my little tummy now...

Congrates and take good care...

Anaqi

take good care, k...:wink:

karoru

16 days but i am going back to work tommorrow... i asked my gyne today, too and she smile... maybe she also feels that 28 days are too many... she said i should be fine to go back to work tommorrow... kinds of relieved... don want to get sacked when i m pregnant and forgo the 4 mths materity leaves instead...