Bleeding problems due to low lying placenta..

Tiffy

Hi anyone,
Did any mothers or mothers to be experience bleeding due to low lying placenta? I m 14weeks+ now..on 17th dec i got my 1st bleeding(like menus),i quickly call my dr..aft giving me a scan i was admit to hospital 3days,everyday wif progestro jabs n pills..everything was normal agn but 10days later i bled e 2nd time(but abt 40% compare to e 1st bled)..agn went see dr n admit into hospital for 2days n oso jab..dr cfm is low lying placenta..just wonder anyone experience this problem before?im so worried n upset over it..whenever go to toilet keep worry will bled.i m ask to bedrest till due,sianz!!!..anyone can help me with my concern?(1)did anyone experience it n have deliver full term n healthy bb?(2)during ur whole preg how many times have u bleed n still counted safe?(3)is e chance of miscarrige higher?(4)is there anything to do to not have bleeding?pls advice!!!

shopaholic

My situation was different but I hope that with sharing, it would give you some assurance. I had low lying placenta with my 2nd child. I didnt bleed but gynae cautioned that I might require a c-section if the placenta didnt move up. She told me that the placenta might move up in later stages of my pregnancy and indeed, when I had my scans in my 3rd trimester, it showed that my placenta moved further away from the cervix and natural delivery would be safe. Perhaps your placenta might move up in the later stage of your pregnancy too. Now, it is important to follow your gynae's advice and rest as much as possible. Take care.

Tiffy

Thanks for ur info:) my 1st preg i didnt encounter this prob too..this time round i knew i had low lying placenta was when my 1st bleeding appear..its scary so thought post it see anyone experience it before..since then i was ask complete bedrest till due(6months to go?!?!)..

maine78

I had bleeding badly on my 27 weeks and was warded for 1 week before bleeding and contractions stopped. My 2nd pregnancy too. Funny thing was my detailed scan at 5th mth showed that my placenta wasn't low. But when i'm admitted, another detailed scan was performed and revealed that my placenta is super low-lying (sudden descend) caused my uterus to haemorrhage causing the bleeding. Had been bedresting for the past 2 mths (was told to bedrest till delivery too). Just went for my 35week detailed scan yesterday and to everyone's shock, my placenta is up again.

So do bedrest now as much as you can. Your placenta may moved up in the 3rd trimester.

Tiffy

Hi thks for ur advice.i have been bedresting from then till now,condition got better after scan.good luck to you too!

Prune

Alpha Male
Wife was diagnosed with low lying anterior placenta about 34th week, today we went to Gynae, he said the placenta moved up, not blocking the passage but just next to it. He 90% sure can go for natural birth. I would like to share with you something my friend told me, "knowledge can be scary. Same as you, 3 weeks ago I was so worried, kept surfing web looking at this topic, the more you read, the more worried and the more you start to Imagine. Therefore refrain from reading too much, the best person to talk to is your Gynae. You are in the best place in Asiapac with the best doctors. So just relax and rest well. Everything will be perfectly fine.

cmeilim

i had two incidents of bleeding due to low-lying placenta in my first pregnancy, in the 20th and 24th week, and was hospitalised for a day each time. For five weeks during that period, i was put on bedrest at home. But after that, the bleeding incidents become very mild and sporadic, only if i over-exert myself. my placenta did move up by the third tri and i went on to give birth naturally to a healthy boy in my 41st week with no complications at all. while bedrest was pretty boring at first, i grew to appreciate the time to 'connect' with my baby inside and also had the luxury of time to read up a lot about pregnancy, labour and babycare. the bedrest also did my health a lot of good. so don't worry too much ya!

i am currently in my second pregnancy and though i had a few incidents of spotting, they were not due to low-lying placenta but yeast infection irritating my cervix, which could be easily treated. my placenta has been in normal position so far.

all the best!

Tiffy

Thanks for all ur info...i had my u/s on mon,dr say everything is okay baby is growing well..but i had brown stains+blood clots on tues,went bk to my dr,he say its old blood stain ask me not to worry..but since tue i had brown spotting n its increasing each day till fri,i had a mild cramp on my right lower stomach.e pain got worst in e night ard 10pm but i managed to fall asleep.at 4am e pulling pain woke me up n lasted till 6am..i juz went to see my dr,had scans..n its show tt i had e placenta covering slight of e opening of cervix tt y now n then have bleeding..ya one of e reply above is right,e more u surf e more info u get so u start to worry even more..i read so much n there r happy n sad cases..hope anyone who has pregnancy problems,baby n mother will be safe n sound..when u have a normal pregnancy u must really thank God n dont complain abt having backache or whatever coz pregnant with complication mothers really facing lots of problems n stress others cant feel n see..good luck to everyone n myself..really going pray hard for a healthy safe full term baby!

Ariesgal77

Thanks for all ur info...i had my u/s on mon,dr say everything is okay baby is growing well..but i had brown stains+blood clots on tues,went bk to my dr,he say its old blood stain ask me not to worry..but since tue i had brown spotting n its increasing each day till fri,i had a mild cramp on my right lower stomach.e pain got worst in e night ard 10pm but i managed to fall asleep.at 4am e pulling pain woke me up n lasted till 6am..i juz went to see my dr,had scans..n its show tt i had e placenta covering slight of e opening of cervix tt y now n then have bleeding..ya one of e reply above is right,e more u surf e more info u get so u start to worry even more..i read so much n there r happy n sad cases..hope anyone who has pregnancy problems,baby n mother will be safe n sound..when u have a normal pregnancy u must really thank God n dont complain abt having backache or whatever coz pregnant with complication mothers really facing lots of problems n stress others cant feel n see..good luck to everyone n myself..really going pray hard for a healthy safe full term baby!
Hi all mummies,

I am now in my 28wks and have been having discharge throughout the whole pregnancy...went to gynae for cervix check every each time...gynae said is due to some fungus infection and inserted a pessary and prescribed me with probiotics...apparently, it didnt help much and the discharge got worst lately and turned to heavy brownish in colour...had been having it on and off but in each checkup, gynae said is ok...cervix didnt open...just fungus infection...she also commented that i have low placenta and bb is big...also have slight diabetes which may be the cause of the infection...also quite worried but so far bb is ok and very active (moved alot)...anyone experienced discharge throughout pregnancy and changed to brownish in the third trimester?