Block nose/flu

lisa_ng

cough n running nose getting more bad:weno:
hi loves,
something comes to my mind. my neice was having running nose & coughs very frequently when she was 2mth or 3mth old. my sis bought her to see pd at tmc. realise she has has some allergies. so she recommend to change her formula milk to nestle nan with ha & cetaphil for her sensitive skin. which indeed improve her condition by lot. but her flu & cough will still come back when my sis was trying to switch her back to friso.

loves, mayb bring ur baby to see an other pd?

Last edited:

Mum2Matty

I will not advise changing milk powder as yet.

Loves, why dun you bring your son to the PD again? Cld it be dust? Also, these few days weather not too good.

Usually flu will last abt 3-5 days, cough slightly longer.

Do a little foot rub, esp the toes area and under.. these are the reflex zone for head, eyes, nose..

Hope you little one get well soon.

LoVeS

hi loves,
something comes to my mind. my neice was having running nose & coughs very frequently when she was 2mth or 3mth old. my sis bought her to see pd at tmc. realise she has has some allergies. so she recommend to change her formula milk to nestle nan with ha & cetaphil for her sensitive skin. which indeed improve her condition by lot. but her flu & cough will still come back when my sis was trying to switch her back to friso.

loves, mayb bring ur baby to see an other pd?

He got the cough n running nose frm me coz i was sick aso, ya tmr bringing ds to another pd, kkh nose drop doesnt work at all. Tat oblas oil help unblock nose awhile nia but after tt come back...dun dare put too near ds coz worry too "hot" for him.

LoVeS

I will not advise changing milk powder as yet.

Loves, why dun you bring your son to the PD again? Cld it be dust? Also, these few days weather not too good.

Usually flu will last abt 3-5 days, cough slightly longer.

Do a little foot rub, esp the toes area and under.. these are the reflex zone for head, eyes, nose..

Hope you little one get well soon.
tks alot for the concern, his running nose ongoing duno is bcoz i am still having running nose aso tats why he havent recover but only me taking care of him:embarrassed: Ya i wont change FM, i doubt is FM tat cause him sick.

bpquek

tks alot for the concern, his running nose ongoing duno is bcoz i am still having running nose aso tats why he havent recover but only me taking care of him:embarrassed: Ya i wont change FM, i doubt is FM tat cause him sick.
Hi love

Did you see doc for your running nose, think you should get your running nose cure as well.

LoVeS

Yalor i am so sick still need to overnite take care of my ds w/o slp yet when i pass germs to ds which ds pass to his daddy then dh aso nv help me take care. He simply take his medicine n go slp which left me taking care of ds all alone :wong19:

Mum2Matty

Taking care of sick baby is really no joke. My DH is not in SG, during this time, my son also fell sick (fever, running/block nose, cough) and I took care of him until I fell sick too. Bo pian.. I didn't go to work for almost a week. Can't even sleep at night cos my son kept waking up. Really torturing man!

Loves, u gotta take care yourself. Try to let your son sip some warm water frequently as it helps to wash down the blockages and pass out in his stool.

LoVeS

Taking care of sick baby is really no joke. My DH is not in SG, during this time, my son also fell sick (fever, running/block nose, cough) and I took care of him until I fell sick too. Bo pian.. I didn't go to work for almost a week. Can't even sleep at night cos my son kept waking up. Really torturing man!

Loves, u gotta take care yourself. Try to let your son sip some warm water frequently as it helps to wash down the blockages and pass out in his stool.
Ya trying to take care of myself aso n ds pass motion still ok.

LoVeS

juz bought the pigeon brand nose cleaner but it seem like cant even suck ANYTHING out frm ds's nose at all :wong7:

maMaSan

Kudos the suck method. Clears it like magic, at least till the next mega drip. But it buys time for going down to sleep. This is how you do it:

1) Smile at bb. Play, act cool like nothing going to happen
2) Cradle bb in arms
3) Rock left and right so bb thinks u're playing
4) All the while eyeing for right timing
5) bend down, aim at respective blocked nostril, use tongue to narrow your mouth-opening (kwim?)
6) SUCK - relatively hard and DEEP, like sucking those pearl tea pearls.
7) Feel all the chendol going into your mouth... yummm
8) SPIT and rinse.
9) Repeat til bb's nose is clear or for as long as bb will tolerate
10) voila! happy baby for awhile now :)

NG HO

Kudos the suck method. Clears it like magic, at least till the next mega drip. But it buys time for going down to sleep. This is how you do it:

2) Cradle bb in arms
5) bend down, aim at respective blocked nostril, use tongue to narrow your mouth-opening (kwim?)
8) SPIT and rinse.

My son is 2months + 5days old and he is coming down with a cold i think..(nose blocked, difficulties in breathing and feeding)

He does not have fever, am happy and alert, normal appetite.

I have tried the followings but doesnt seems to help :

1. put a mug of hot water with few drops of oblas oil (without aircon)
2. rub ruyi oil on chest, back, feet and then wear socks
3. drip saline then suck! ok this is tricky.. nothing came out.. I dont dare to suck very hard.. will it hurt him?

And.. is it common for a 2month old infant to catch a cold?

I understand that the PD also will not prescribe any med for newborns except for salines.. so worried... :embarrassed:

Nano81

Don't despair. You may like to try mine: Normal Saline. This product is used as eye drop for adult whereas can be used for infant's nose drop. Alot of GPs & PDs recommend this.

Here's the merits:

- not a medical product hence you can use this as many times as you like.
- cheap (around $2 @ Guardian)
- prevent infant's flu & on-off prevent/ dissolve throat phlegm too.

Until today I am still using this for my boy daily. Everyday after bath I'll apply into his nostril & pretend to cough badly in front of him so that he will get used to this. Thumbs up!!!
Hi Coobabies,how much saline do u dip or rub for ur boy each time?I suspect my girl has phlegm,plus a mild nose block,so thinking of trying..

soo

Hello Friend,

New Delphin vacuum(gold series) bought on 30 July 11 at SGD3500, wish to sell it at SGD3200, if you are keen to buy it, please kindly contact me at fongyew1@yahoo.com.
The Delphin vacuum is in good condition and 10 years warranty. Pity Owner
:we2Randy-git:

2) Cradle bb in arms
8) SPIT and rinse.
Salute mummies who uses this tradtional method. This method works best, though mummy with low immunity will end up catching the virus (like me).

Rmbed before i was pregnant my mum use to tell me she use her mouth suck out mucus when i had runny nose during my baby days. I was thinking to myself, yucks so gross.
Rmbed when my boy was a newborn i bought those pump from pharmacy for sucking out mucus, mama ask me to use mouth, i tell her; pls la now so advance got tools to use where got pple use mouth. Still gross to me...
Rmbed when my boy first kana blocked nose when he was few mths old, tried using the pump, didnt work. Poor boy crying badly, making me wonder if i had hurt him or if the pump makes him feel uncomfy or blablabla. Seeing him unable to slp well totally breaks my heart.
Then one fine day, suddenly, he cried suoer badly like very hard to breath, cos of the mucus. Totally helpless cos tried so many different brand pump, tried using cotton bud, tried everything i can. Try till nth to try. Carry him in my arms, take a deep breath, n suck, with my mouth. Zoot zoot both nostrils n done, he immediatly felt better n was able to slp.
That moment then realise y my mum use mouth. That moment then learnt what is mother instinct. I think this is what being a mummy is abt ba. Who cares abt yucky or not when u c yr baby so xinku..

For me, i usually cup his face with my hands, aim n zoot. Either my mum carry him i cup n zoot or put him on bed if no one ard. As he grow older, i will tell him im gonna kiss him as i cup his face then quickly kiss on his forehead n aim n zoot. Now he is 2yo, teach him how to blow his nose. Minor runny nose can let him blow out himself. More jialat de block nose then use mouth zoot..
Only con is everytime i zoot next day sure my turn to kana....