Blood Test Shows Baby high risk with T21 down syndrome

Caroltpl

Dear All,

My recent blood test shows baby have high risk in T21 down syndrome which gynae advise is to do an Amnio test whereby i'm afraid of because there is risk of miscarriage. Even though the percentage is not high but i'm afraid that i will falls into the 1% risk.

Anyone to advise?

Hi,

I had a very high ratio for down's syndrome too. Was told to do amnio test as well but me and hubby decided against it. No history of DS in the family but I was 35 when I gave birth. I decided to go and do a detailed scan where they measure every part the baby and the doc told me after the scan that he was 100% sure that my baby was ok. Can't remember the doc's name but he is Indian and practices in Camden Medical.

Now that I have a beautiful girl, I really feel I wasted the $500+ I spent on that scan although it did out my heart at ease.

If you are young and there's no such history in the family, I think no need to worry.

There are a lot of cases where the results show high risk but baby is ok.

Just my two cents.

Caroltpl

Hi Kaykay, thank u for the advice I was introduce to this professor at Camden but im not sure whether to go for the detailed scan or amnio test. If the detailed scanning could be as accurate I would not mind to go for it. I'm now in my confusing stage as gynae had booked on tues for the test. And this is my 2nd pregnancy which I thought that this should not happened..and hubby would want me to go for the amnio test as he think that gynae advise is finalized.

Hi Caroltpl,

For me & hubby, the amnion test was out of the question. My gynae only mentioned the doc at Camden after I told him that I'll just found if baby is ok out when I deliver.

But hubby was a little concerned la so we went for the scan.

My personal opinion is that if your first child ok then should be no prob what. But that's me la.

I am very against amnio so if u can pls go for the scan, u pay more but it doesn't endanger your baby's life lo.

The doc gave me a definite answer that my baby was ok so I think it's worth a try.

Good luck!