Bloody Show..is labour near?

Monamacy

Hi, I had bloody show (ie mucous plug) this morning and follow on throughout the day. Just wondering do I need to go hospital yet or just wait till contraction starts. How long do I have to wait? I'm 37 wks and second pregnancy. The first one was water broke so this mucous thingy is the first time for me.
Anyone can share their similar experience. Thx...can't wait to hv my bub.

please go to the hospital !! for me, both my pregnancies are bloody discharge (mucus plug came out) and few hours later my baby is born .. congratulations in advance ~~~

piggie

I shared in another thread that i think my mucus plug dropped out this afternoon too... But mine wasnt bloody, its whitish yellowish kind of thick mucus...

Gt no pain, no nthing n baby still moving as normal...

I guess its more waiting for me..

If u had ur bloody show but no pain den i guess its best to monitor your baby movements n once contractions or ur water breaks... Den its off to e hospital! :) all e best, update us yea..

Monamacy

Thx ladies. I was hoping for some contraction but nothing at all. So I guess it's still a waiting game for me. I was told if I go hospital now without contractions, they will induce me to get things moving. Is that true? To be honest I want to maintain as natural as possible, unless it's endangering my bub. So far bub still moving fine.

piggie

Well if you go to hospital w/o any contractions, chances of them sending you back home to wait is high..

They might only induce you if you are already experiencing irregular contractions on n off.. Or if your water broke, then it shud b a cfmed case they have to induce, coz w/o e water bag, might put baby at risk of infection.

Well, waiting game always sucks. Haha.. Jiayou! :001_302:

XenXuan

Plz go to the hospital to check.I was told at 36weeks check up,any bloody show or bad contractions direct go hospital,ESP bloody show.All the best n have a smooth delivery. ^^

lyra

I think with bloody show, don't need to go immediately. The Mt Alvernia childbirth workshop physio told us. Think it's admit within 24 hr. Still have time to inform family members, pack n bath. Coz bloody show is the earliest sign. When u admit, they wont let u walk ard, have to b lying down otherwise cannot check fetal heartbeat, and u r not allowed to eat incase u need emergency caecarean. So I'd rather walk more outside. Moreover if u r not dilated very big yet, doctor will ask u go home n rest. She also say water bag break dun need go immediately too but if ur amnio liquid is greenish, have to go immediately coz it means bb is in distress. Personally, I'd admin quickly if water bag break just in case the amnio flow too fast. My colleague told me a fren of hers waited too long to go hospital when her waterbag broke m sadly, her bb could not survive.

ast0212

Yep I agree with Lyra. A bloody show just means your mucus plug has come out and labour is near.

I had a bloody show with my first pregnancy and contractions started about 17 hours later. I had a show in the morning then during the day I was actively going out and meeting friends for lunch then to my parents' for dinner. I started having early contractions just after dinner but didn't notice them much, thought they were braxton hicks hahaha.

Just be prepared to labour...soon. You may even have had your baby by now!! Hope it went well!!

Monamacy

Mommies, I delivered my baby boy 5 days after the show. Everything went well.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. God Bless!!