bored with toys very fast...

Domique

dear mummies,

is ur dd/ds as fussy as mine?

he is bored with old toys.... always need new toys to entertain him a longer period of time....

do mummies buy lots of new toys for your child?

faint...

jasobias

hey domique,
ya with my 2 boys i had tonnes of toys for them..hehhe
Gets better when baby grows abit older n can play those lego kind of toys or make train tracks.Used to keep my boys occupied for hrs.
Maybe u can rent toys or buy 2nd hand ones?or just buy them fr ebay those new ones but mummies r selling them cheaper in stores as they r gifts.

snowbear

Babies do get bored with toys quite quickly. Dun have to keep buying toys though. For Alicia, sometimes i just take out her old toys for her and it's like fresh to her again... hmm. then again, she has quite a lot of toys... hahahaha... but back to the topic, sometimes re-introducing a new toy can be fun for them too. :D Also, I think it depends on the type of toy. Try to give toys that are suitable for the age group...

chiro

johanan does not have much toys. He enjoys playing with empty baby powder bottle and empty pigeon baby wipes box.he loves to open and close the lid of the box, and he did not close the lid of the box well, he will hit it a few more times just to close the lid. At my parents place, there is a big book with buttons to press for sounds like cow moo and dog bark. Now he presses buttons like a pro.

jojoki

i keep all of nets toys in a cupboard.. and take a few out fr her to play everyday.. n keep rotating them.. so far it works fr her. but at her age she cant play toys on her own fr too long anyway.. maybe 30ms.. dats it.

shulyn

i keep all of nets toys in a cupboard.. and take a few out fr her to play everyday.. n keep rotating them.. so far it works fr her. but at her age she cant play toys on her own fr too long anyway.. maybe 30ms.. that is it.
Yap Dominique,

Same as jojoki, i keep all the toys in a storage box and each day i will bring out a few for treston:)

Like chiro mummy, treston likes playing with FREE toys like empty box, mineral bottle with some small toy inside so it will create some sound and his hobby lately is to stand in the playpen, this can keep him occupied...

snowbear

Yap Dominique,

Same as jojoki, i keep all the toys in a storage box and each day i will bring out a few for treston:)

Like chiro mummy, treston likes playing with FREE toys like empty box, mineral bottle with some small toy inside so it will create some sound and his hobby lately is to stand in the playpen, this can keep him occupied...
yup, agree too. Alicia's fav 'toys' aren't really toys. Haha... They're usually some household stuff like empty egg trays, plastic spoons, empty containers... Just need to make sure that they're clean and they make great toys! :D

meiteoh

I remember what my hubby's friend used to give his daughter to play when she was like 1 year plus - A POT! She would walk around the house holding a pot and babbling in her baby talk about the pot. :D

diymummy

When you give FREE toys to your kids, do they like to put them in their mouths? My boy coming 11 mths, still puts EVERYTHING into his mouth... -.-" So I'm afraid of introducing things like household items.

chiro

my son is not really interested in the toys given to him

but he is very interested in things not for him like mobile phones, remote control and our fingers

he "innocently" grab our fingers look at it for a while... then the next thing we know is, he tried to bite our fingers...

my son will touch the things we touched or had introduced him... he will not go and grab a foreign object that we did not introduce to him

my room is very small..so when i carry him, i will walk past a shelves with my toiletries like perfume, toner etc..so far he did not grab those though they are easily within reach & his reflex is fast in grabbing them

When you give FREE toys to your kids, do they like to put them in their mouths? My boy coming 11 mths, still puts EVERYTHING into his mouth... -.-" So I'm afraid of introducing things like household items.

jojoki

netanya too mouths every single thing that she lays her hands on!!! my frens bb doesnt do dat (shes 9 mths) i wonder why n when she will grow out of mouthing everything!

snowbear

alicia doesn't really do that... but just to be safe, i will clean the 'toy' first then give it to her and if it's not to be put into the mouth and she insists on holding it in her hand, i will supervise VERY VERY closely. :tlaugh:At any instance that she tries to put it into her mouth, it will be removed...

uddermummy

my ger gets bored with toys v easily too.

So I will rotate the toys, or when i'm desperate, i will let her play with household stuff like her spoons, bpa free plastic boxes, and wet wipes packages.