bottle opinion

diza

Babe.. I tried pigeon and my baby rejects it! Thankfully a cousin of mine gave me avent bottles and he actually can suckle and doesn't have nipple confusion. I guess u need to do a trial and error to find out.

daisysung

my little one is rejecting the bottle, screams really angrily when my helper tries to feed her with the bottle. (She screams even louder if I try to bottle feed her and I dont blame her..)

I am using the tommy tippee bottles..any bottles out there to recommend?

Hi Diza n daisysung

I'm not sure myself.. I guess it all depends on our baby. Some babies are v fussy as they get confused when we intro them the bottle..
Avent , tommy tippee n I hrd NUK is also gd .. Are there others?
Daisysung- how much are tommy tippees? Are they more expensive than the rest?

Btw, how often do you mummies bottle feed per day? I'm a sahm. Would love to fully latch but I know it's gonna be hard work . Thought that I cld slowly intro the bottle so hubby or others cld help out when I need the rest or busy w other chores...

diza

I usually latch at hm unless I have guests coming then I will bottle feed. If I'm going to poly for checks, I will also bottle feed.

andieluv2

I am using the nuk silicon anti colic teat with medela bottles. Baby is oki with the teat. But she developed preference for.bottle. My bad. Intro too early liao...

andieluv2

PRINCESSES:706939 said:
Andieluv2- how early when u intro the bottle? U partial bf n formula feed baby u mean?
I.intro bery early like day 3 bcoz ny mum not confident in cup feeding and totally regreted. She developed nipple confusion after that. Regreted not latching her enough resulting in me having low supply. She was initially no total fm then to.partial and now finally i got just enough supply to.meet her demands and converted her to full bm at 2.5 months. She is 4 mths now and still on bm. Plan to bf her till 6 months and after that fm and wean her as.my job scope dont allow me to express during shift.

Ps i am a staff nurse in a&e. So imagibe u pump half way and got emergency how? i will be like stuck. Lol.. But i.plan to latch her after i come hm from wrk and still pump at night.

Andieluv2 - oh wow! Congrats to u for being able to resume full bf despite all odds.. Thumbs up yay!! Ya I agree bf n wrking are hard wrk as u need to pump regularly to establish supply.. U r doing great !! ;)
I'm a full time housewife of a mother of 3 n currently pregnant w my 4th.. Hee I wld love to try full breast-feeding for the 4th child.. If can latching directly w/o pumping but I know its gonna take a lot of effort n perseverance... And I'm so afraid if baby has nipple confusion if I intro the bottle .. N of course time management with my other children as well.. Hope I can persevere!! (",)

andieluv2

PRINCESSES:708996 said:
Andieluv2 - oh wow! Congrats to u for being able to resume full bf despite all odds.. Thumbs up yay!! Ya I agree bf n wrking are hard wrk as u need to pump regularly to establish supply.. U r doing great !! ;)
I'm a full time housewife of a mother of 3 n currently pregnant w my 4th.. Hee I wld love to try full breast-feeding for the 4th child.. If can latching directly w/o pumping but I know its gonna take a lot of effort n perseverance... And I'm so afraid if baby has nipple confusion if I intro the bottle .. N of course time management with my other children as well.. Hope I can persevere!! (",)
Wow!!! Thats not easy handling 3+1baby!!! its really alot of hardwrk and.handling a bb is already a handfull liao.. Imagine + 3 little ones...

Yea i agree its really ALOT ALOT of.hardwrk!! imagone by the.end of my first.month.i.am only get 50mls every 3hrly. Everyone told.me.i cant but i dont care. Jiz pump and give watever i have. Even if its a drop , i am happy... Neber been so determine before.. Lol...

But guess initially.u gotta still latch and pump. Bcoz doubt latching alone can clear ur milk. U gotta latch and pump so ur breast can ne cleared then the breast will produce more...

Andieluv2 - hehe 3 lil ones? Not really la my kids are 9,7 years old respectively.. Quite independent .. Only the 3rd is 2 1/2 years old..
Hope I can bf with ease and may this time round I can bf longer... :))

lyra

I intro bottle ard 3rd week and baby is ok with both latching and bottle. Used NUK. But after that, I stopped giving bottle for one month and he totally rejected the bottle! My friend called LC to enquire coz her baby reject bottle and she needs to go back to work. The LC suggested Medela so she has been using it. We skipped bottle feeding totally and baby proceeded from breastfeed to sippy cup at about 7 month old. Now he's one year old and using a straw sippy cup.

Lyra- wow that is such a fast move from bf to sippycup and as young as 7 mths? Yr baby no longer latching and bottle-feeding?

lyra

Lyra- wow that is such a fast move from bf to sippycup and as young as 7 mths? Yr baby no longer latching and bottle-feeding?
Baby is still latching on to breastfeed. He also accepts sippy cups. For bottle feeding, we didn't give him bottles as he is using sippy cups.

xiaodaisy

my baby reject all bottles , so she just latch on , everytime intro bottle is like having a war to fight with her lol ! gave up since i'm a sahm so she can latch as long as she wants

she started drinking fm straws , cups at 6mths , so for plain water , she will use that instead =)

ladies, I am in trouble! my baby doesnt want the bott! she's coming 2 mths and we started giving her bott for one feed last sat. she could drink 50ml from the tommee tippee bott (i think cos she was famished) but this morn, she rejected totally! she skipped one feed. then 2 hours later, she sucked hungrily and down 50ml. this is after i changed the teat to the no2 faster flow teat. she was crying and wailing when we used the no1 teat. think cos i have more milk and my milk flow is fast with many milk squirts. so she;s more used to the fast flow.

after drinking the 50ml, one hour later when i carried her, she was looking for my boobs and gave me those pitiful looks. i gave in and gave her the boobs. she was so happy and smiled! hahah so funny. but then i dunno how. mayb i should try the NUK teats? i feel so heartpain to see her wailing and looking hungrily at me.

personally think that NUK no. 1 teats is slow flowing unless u want to buy the bigger one but will it be too fast then?

how about maintaining your current fast flow teats and make her get used to it gradually, but needs time since u are still latching

chandon

Alpha Male
I tried Comotomo, its the best bottle for breast feeding moms.. feel it and you'll know ... as the bottle feels skin like and the teats are really soft!!!

You can even squeeze the bottle to simulate the let down effect !!! Best of all, its not made of plastics which is known to leak chemicals like BPA into the milk our babies are drinking.

andieluv2

my girl used to take nuk silicon teat with no.problem. but the.past 2wks shr had bern having.problem finishing.her feeds. she will take like 1.5hrs.to.finish 150mls!! i think.it might be the teat problem as i already change to the size 2Medium teat for her. i am trying out tomme tippe as i heard.from my fren its really good. i hope she take it well. anyone had similar encounter?