Bottlefeed issue

selene_85

Hi mummies, anyone can advise me, my baby girl is coming 8 week old.. I'm trying to intro her bottlefeed. Now I'm using avent brand with the no.1 teat.. when my mom feed her with the bottle my girl drink till 20-30ml fall asleep. . The most She drink 50ml then don't want .. She wake her up drink awhile sleep... sometimes struggle don't want to drink.. we keep shake the bottles for her to drink .. she sometimes cry refuse to drink.. is time for her feed. . I giving her 3 hourly. can anyone advise should I change the bottle or teat or any recommendation on bottle which is suitable for bf baby..

KiBin

Hi mummies, anyone can advise me, my baby girl is coming 8 week old.. I'm trying to intro her bottlefeed. Now I'm using avent brand with the no.1 teat.. when my mom feed her with the bottle my girl drink till 20-30ml fall asleep. . The most She drink 50ml then don't want .. She wake her up drink awhile sleep... sometimes struggle don't want to drink.. we keep shake the bottles for her to drink .. she sometimes cry refuse to drink.. is time for her feed. . I giving her 3 hourly. can anyone advise should I change the bottle or teat or any recommendation on bottle which is suitable for bf baby..
when you bottle feed, are you using EBM or FM?

Are you mixing bottle feed with latching on?

does she drink more with any special people feeding?

diza

At that age, I feed my boy on demand.. Sometimes not even 3 hourly. And if she refuses to drink probably bcoz she's full. Babies tummies are small. I only change to teat no 2 closer to 3 mths coz I don't want my boy to get choked.

selene_85

KiBin:787002 said:
when you bottle feed, are you using EBM or FM?

Are you mixing bottle feed with latching on?

does she drink more with any special people feeding?
My mom is helping me bottle feed her with EBM. I'm currently still fully latch on. I never mix bottle feed with latch on. My mik let down is quite fast..

selene_85

diza:787012 said:
At that age, I feed my boy on demand.. Sometimes not even 3 hourly. And if she refuses to drink probably bcoz she's full. Babies tummies are small. I only change to teat no 2 closer to 3 mths coz I don't want my boy to get choked.
I'm worry she don't want to be bottle feed. . As I need to go back to work.. :(

diza

I bottle feed my boy once a day during maternity leave. At most 2. So far I have no problems.. You may want to try other brands coz my boy rejected pigeon but accepted avent. Actually if ur babe is drinking ard 30ml or more it means she's accepting the bottle unless u had to struggle right from the beginning of the feed.. NB sleeping while bottle feed is normal.