Bowel movements for BF babies

Hello mummies, my bb just turned 5 weeks and I'm breastfeeding him exclusively except for his bedtime feed where I give him FM (to make him sleep longer!). He used to poop at least 3 times a day and they can be quite big poops too! However, he hasnt pooped at all since yesterday but his feeding patterns & schedule hasn't changed. In fact, he's feeding even more these 2 days as I suspect he's going through his growth spurt.

Is this not pooping normal? He is still peeing a lot though :(

Gwynne

Yups mummy! It's perfectly normal cause when my girl was ard 4-5weeks old like ur son she also suddenly stopped pooing for up till 10days! However like your son she was also wetting sufficient diapers. So we jus waited and she finally pooped after tt and it was explosive and really alot. After that she started to poop more regularly like once or twice a day. So in my opinion I think it's not much of a concern if bb is not feeling uncomfortable and feeding fine :))

It is fine if breastfeed baby did not poo for days. I was told by doctor breastfeed babies seldom constipate. There is baby who goes up to 2 weeks not pooing.

when my boy just turn 3 month, the longest he did not poo is 8 days,
he is totally fine, no fuss no pain, still drink as usual. But i was so worried that's why i brought him to doctor to clear his bowels.

After that visit, again, he did not poo, this time round, i am less worried after hearing what the doctor told me last round. I keep observing the baby, did the leg exercise for him but not much use. So he finally poo last saturday after 11 days! Very Messy, but i am so happy to clean up for him, see his poo is like precious gold:)

Thanks Gwynne & Ilovebbdylan!! I feel more relieved now... Haha... Mummies are weird creatures... We're so happy to see poop :D

pooping normal is, because at this age they always change in timing, my baby before is like that mostly pooing 3 days. but when i ask the pedia, its normal.