Brain Developement Course

BudgetMum

u gotta have budget for such course & on top of that u gotta have time to coach/practise with bb at home EVERYDAY... ... r u ready?

zoukieice

You can try Igenius. It's located at the 'Rolex' building between paragon & lucky plaza. Course for 7-12 mths baby is abt 1.6k. effective or not i can't confirm yet. My girl just started the course however it's true that you need to coach her everyday.

anyone can intro schs 4 brain developement course for infants?

my boy is 9 mths old.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
You can try Igenius. It's located at the 'Rolex' building between paragon & lucky plaza. Course for 7-12 mths baby is abt 1.6k. effective or not i can't confirm yet. My girl just started the course however it's true that you need to coach her everyday.
Btw, it's Tong Building :)
Ya.. this is cheaper than Sichida Method... but they all emphasis on HOME PRACTICE... if not, don't blame them if u dun see results... kinda crap if u ask me... pay so much $$ n spend so much time... but then again... that's parenting... :)

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
I'm just wondering ... for those of you who have embarked on such programs with your child, are you really seeing convincing results?
I mean, have you ever wonder ... whether your child would still have been as smart, without you spending this extra thousands of dollars?

Personally, I dun believe that geniuses can be trained ... or even nurtured.
Otherwise, why is there still just one Lee Kuan Yew & one Fandi Ahmad ... after all these years?

However, GOOD enrichment classes can still do SOME good to the child ... really a magnitude of the GOOD & the SOME.
:wink: :wink:

zoukieice

Like to do some correction. Yup It's located at Tong Building & the course fees for 7-12 mths is ard $800++ (only abt 7 -8 lesson in the 6 mths) 13-18 mths is ard 1.6k.

You don't have to be the only person to coach your child. You can bring along anyone who are taking care of your child to go for the lesson together.

If you have the time & the money, no harm giving a try. However don't expect the child to become a genius though the enrichment school name Igenius. It's just an enrichment class.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
zoukieice said:
Like to do some correction. Yup It's located at Tong Building & the course fees for 7-12 mths is ard $800++ (only abt 7 -8 lesson in the 6 mths) 13-18 mths is ard 1.6k
Daddy D said:
Ya.. this is cheaper than Sichida Method... but they all emphasis on HOME PRACTICE... if not, don't blame them if u dun see results... kinda crap if u ask me... pay so much $$ n spend so much time... but then again... that's parenting... :)
Why & how is this supposed to be cheaper than Shichida?
Even if you are looking purely at the absolute monetary outlay.

From what I know ... for 2-year-olds, Shichida charges $780 (pre-GST) for a 12-week semester of weekly 45-minute lessons.
In comparison ... over a same 6-month period, while course fees will be similar (around $1.6k), you get 3 times more interaction with the trainers at Shichida!!

So, which is really the cheaper option?
:biggrin: :biggrin:

zoukieice said:
... effective or not i can't confirm yet. My girl just started the course however it's true that you need to coach her everyday.
How old is your girl?
For the daily coaching, what exactly is demanded of you (or your helpers)?
THANKS for the enlightenment ...

Last edited:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Jane Chow said:
Have anyone try Little Neuro Tree at Beach Road?
Heard that the staffs are used to work in Shichida.
To be more correct ... Shichida is run by a franchisee (Jocelyn Khoo) under the control of HQ Japan, while LNT is run by her brother.
From what I can see, it's probably a platform for implementing self-evolved methodologies not sanctioned by HQ Japan.
In other words ... you might well be "volunteering" your child to be their guinea pigs.
:beek: :beek:

In case you think I am biased, do read up on http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/enrichment/little-neuro-tree

Personally, I find "unique tri-lingual programme using brain stimulation technologies to build knowledge, confidence and love for learning" to be nothing more than a gimmick ... plus their frequent explanation of "our techniques are simply those commonly found on the Internet & very similar to those offered by Shichida & Glenn Doman" comes across as very unconvincing, if nothing else.

Jane Chow

To be more correct ... Shichida is run by a franchisee (Jocelyn Khoo) under the control of HQ Japan, while LNT is run by her brother.
From what I can see, it's probably a platform for implementing self-evolved methodologies not sanctioned by HQ Japan.
In other words ... you might well be "volunteering" your child to be their guinea pigs.
:beek: :beek:

In case you think I am biased, do read up on http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/enrichment/little-neuro-tree

Personally, I find "unique tri-lingual programme using brain stimulation technologies to build knowledge, confidence and love for learning" to be nothing more than a gimmick ... plus their frequent explanation of "our techniques are simply those commonly found on the Internet & very similar to those offered by Shichida & Glenn Doman" comes across as very unconvincing, if nothing else.

Emmm...I read the comments in the Kiasuparents.com...seems like alot of parents likes the programme...My hubby's friends has tried both Shichida and LNT...she said that Shichida is very aggressive in selling their materials and can be quite annoying while LNT encourage parents to create their own materials..

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Jane Chow said:
Emmm...I read the comments in the Kiasuparents.com...seems like alot of parents likes the programme...My hubby's friends has tried both Shichida and LNT...she said that Shichida is very aggressive in selling their materials and can be quite annoying while LNT encourage parents to create their own materials..
To be very honest, I have my reservations about Shichida too ... specifically, how the local franchisee has made it nothing more than a commercial entity.

It baffled me how they could place adverts on TV late last year selling the launch of the Shichida kindergarten ... but when I went to their website (as quoted in the advert) was still under construction, while my friends who went down for a brief came back with a "our syllabus is actually still not ready" ... & all of this was mere weeks before their declared launch date!!

But in comparison, I still feel LNT is nice becoz they haven't reached the established status Shichida already is enjoying ...
:1err: :1err:

zoukieice

How old is your girl?
:wink: :wink:[/quote]

She is almost 7 mths.

We have only been to 2 lesson so can't share much.
I'm suppose to do some simple exercise & BB massage for her and also to teach her shapes, colours, number & etc... using their course material.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
zoukieice said:
VroomVroomBoys said:
How old is your girl?

She is almost 7 mths.

We have only been to 2 lesson so can't share much.
I'm suppose to do some simple exercise & BB massage for her and also to teach her shapes, colours, number & etc... using their course material.
No worries ... but do come back here to provide feedback on your progress, whether it's positive or negative. THANKS.

janelee

No worries ... but do come back here to provide feedback on your progress, whether it's positive or negative. THANKS.
my child is in Little Neuro Tree brain program at bugis for a year and i see good progress, enthusiastic and eager to learn. The teachers are very energetic and my child looks forward to the sessions every week.

mummy101

Not sure about you mummies, i believe strongly that enrichment classes alone is not enough. I make it a point to read to my girl every night, does not take me long, just 5- 10 minutes sometimes. I spend a lot of effort to choose books that are interactive, that can capture the child's attention and interest her to read and most importantly love to read.

Ally Tan

I feel every shichida parents have different feedback about shichida. I think it all comes down to the teachers in the enrichment class. If the teachers are good people say Shichida is good and vice versa.

Mummy101 is right! With only one class session per week, it is not enough.
As parents we have to practice flashing cards and others and what our child learn in class.