Bras

milkshake

Okay, silly question ...

but is there like some special bra that expectant mothers wear? Reason i ask is because my underwire bras are feeling really tight these days and uncomfortable especially when I sit.

Any good recommendations is welcomed!:001_302:

xiaodaisy

at home , i dont wear bra ..

outside , will just wear bra without wired as wired ones are tight and making me uncomfortable ..

yeah. just buy non wired bras.

and sometimes I'll just add those bra extensions to the hooks when they get too tight again. No need to waste money buying new bras.

geminibaby

I bought the wireless one, v comfy. I also ordered some from ASOS, havent receive my orders yet but will review the quality after I received :)

Does a wireless bra constitute a good support bra? My mum keep telling me to buy those with good support so that the boobs will not sag so much after breastfeeding!

I bought those extenders but even with those, i feel so squeezy in those wired one. I want to buy those wireless one but scare the boobs will droop.....

chjean

Hi, i bought myself 2 different sizes without wires + extension hooks. personally, i think wearing wired ones are too uncomfortable and as you grow bigger, you may need either bigger cup sizes or extension hooks (for bigger.. ribcage?). thing is, you can't buy too many at one go cos you won't know how big you'll become. Til now, i have yet to buy any nursing bras cos I'm not sure how big I'll be nearing delivery date.. the last time when i wore wired one, i got breathless and uncomfy especially after eating.

pixie

I reckon it is a myth! Boobs consist of fatty tissues. Logically, if a woman has bigger/larger boobs, she has more fats in them and so long we breastfeed, our boobs will droop/sag. It look less droppy if the woman is petite with smaller boobs/breasts.

Does a wireless bra constitute a good support bra? My mum keep telling me to buy those with good support so that the boobs will not sag so much after breastfeeding!

I bought those extenders but even with those, i feel so squeezy in those wired one. I want to buy those wireless one but scare the boobs will droop.....

milkshake

I managed to buy mine at 4 pieces for $55 at Vivo. Bought extension hooks also cos for some reason my rib cage seems bigger than normal. So if I don't wear extension it feels a bit uncomfortable.

I also notice when I'm at home and 'roaming free', my boons seem to sag alot. Haha

ast0212

Yep agree with Pixie, saggy boobs due to breastfeeding is a myth.. There was a research report somewhere that said saggy boobs are due to pregnancy, not breastfeeding. Boobs expand during pregnancy so naturally they will sag after...like your bum :)

I bought nursing bras during pregnancy since I'd use them for breastfeeding after. They're really comfy if you find the right one for you. I love Triumph's range of maternity/nursing bras and they are affordable too. Unfortunately I couldn't find them anywhere in Singapore...the Triumph stores I visited only hold one design (usually hidden in a cupboard somewhere) that look like granny's bra.

I reckon it's also a myth that wireless bras aren't as supportive as underwired bras...After wearing nuring bras for the past 3 years I don't think I could go back to wearing underwired bras!

mei2009

Glad to find this thread - going to get extensions like many of you! My usual bras are a little big anyway so can still wear if I loosen them - cos I was quite flat haha! Otherwise I haven't worn a bra since Christmas! :p makes morning sickness worse...

Sweetoothz

where do u ladies go to get the nursing bra? cant seem to find them ley.. do they carry it in normal bra outlets like isetan or bhg or something liddat?
how i wish lasenza carries them! hahaha

chjean

I managed to buy mine at 4 pieces for $55 at Vivo. Bought extension hooks also cos for some reason my rib cage seems bigger than normal. So if I don't wear extension it feels a bit uncomfortable.

I also notice when I'm at home and 'roaming free', my boons seem to sag alot. Haha
Hi Milkshake i think we went to the same shop in Vivo, i also bought 4 pcs at $55 and bought washable pads too plus 2 pcs at $55 (nicer looking for going out).

for those of you looking for nursing bras, this is a good place to shop as the friendly sales recommends the sizes and gives you advice.. they are mothers too ma... :) #02-73 the maternity house

Littleredant

How about nursing bras or non-wired bras that are strapless... anyone knows if these exist?? Cos i'm usually in tank tops and so am in a strapless bra 99% of the time when out...

4 bras for $55 sounds like a really good deal!! will go check out maternity house.

JuliaKT

I think I saw some maternity bras in Robison at Raffle City last week. I was suprised to see a lot of varities since I thought it would be hard to find. I was regretted that I already bought two bras from MARKS & SPENCER with 84$ :(

catflying

I got them in Mothercare at $59. Quite expensive but the material is soft. My chest is expanding too fast! It was slightly loose when i tightened the first buckle and now i am on my last and feeling the restriction now (in ten days). My body change tremendously starting from 18th weeks. I also bought 2 wireless bra from M&S, quite cheap and still works.

I noticed that in the morning, I could buckle tighter and when it comes to afternoon, my chest expand quite alot. I got to loosen the buckle. Any one has this problem?

Last edited: