Braxton hicks contractions last too long?

lyra

Do u gals have or had such problems? My gd fren has been experiencing very long Braxton hicks contractions which could last 20min or more. I can see her talking and smiling even though she said she felt contraction pain so its not the very painful kind. But isn't contraction longer than 20min too long? Sometimes it may hurt a lot for her, sometimes she's still able to bear with it. Mine is at most 7min then with a few min interval before another one comes.

I am just worried and wondered whether it indicates any serious prob. Her gynae only gave her relaxation pills and told her it's normal.

didy

i also experienced some mild braxton hicks lately. i asked my gynae.. she said as long as its not painful, its ok. if its painful then may need some medication to relax and strengthen the uterus.

XenXuan

i had almost near 2hrs BH when i was in my 2nd pregnancy near edd. usually mine will last 5mins - 1hr since 3rd tri. the pain was just coming on n off,at times so painful,i juz cant do anything. gynae did wanted to give me some medication to help,but i refused it. never had any BH during my 1st pregnancy.

lyra

I think urs us quite similar to my fren's. She sometimes have continuous pain for that long too.
I had Braxton hicks in the middle of the nite yesterday. A cold feeling on the upper abdomen which radiates slowly all the way to the rest of uterus n the pain peak. After a few min, it subsides. Experienced twice, then I went washroom, changed my sleeping positions, n it stopped. I read that if it's not real contractions, emptying bladder and changing position will stop the pain.